B&W RESULT:#124 Black & White Challenge

Here's another one - couple of months earlier and less processing...
IMG_0180.JPG

Great shame the place closed down!

So great... The clown’s leering grin + the woman’s expression = priceless.
Occurs to me that perhaps non UK folks have never heard of Mr Punch. Worth googling as he is the main character in a very weird and extremely violent children’s puppet show called ‘Punch and Judy’ usually found at coastal resorts here.
The character was also used as the motif for a well known satirical magazine ‘Punch‘’published between 1840ish and 1992.

... and no death stare. Did you used to dangle around here quite often Nick? :D
Shaftesbury is easy to get to for me and quite interesting for photgraphy. Mr Punch was a good place to pause for a couple of minutes as someone was always walking by. The town is also famous for the ‘Hovis’ hill if you remember the advert by Ridley Scott of all people, also memorably spoofed by Ronnie Barker in an ep of The Two Ronnies. All of which must be mystifying to our cousins across the Atlantic.

Shaftesbury is easy to get to for me and quite interesting for photgraphy. Mr Punch was a good place to pause for a couple of minutes as someone was always walking by. The town is also famous for the ‘Hovis’ hill if you remember the advert by Ridley Scott of all people, also memorably spoofed by Ronnie Barker in an ep of The Two Ronnies. All of which must be mystifying to our cousins across the Atlantic.
I know, Ridley Scott. Bizarre.

Occurs to me that perhaps non UK folks have never heard of Mr Punch. Worth googling as he is the main character in a very weird and extremely violent children’s puppet show called ‘Punch and Judy’ usually found at coastal resorts here.
The character was also used as the motif for a well known satirical magazine ‘Punch‘’published between 1840ish and 1992.
Aha!!!! I thought he seemed familiar. For some reason I didn’t make the connection that Mr. Punch = Punch & Judy (duh!!!)

Back
Top Bottom