B&W RESULT:#125 Black & White Challenge

I’m not sure you need to resort to that? I have a REALLY old iPad, and if an app update is not compatible with that iPad version it stays at the compatible version (basically it just doesn’t update). If the app gets deleted is when trouble happens because then you can’t download it again (or maybe you can but it’s some techie “from the cloud” way to do it.)

I think you’re right, you don’t lose the app - but you can’t use it either.
Maybe I should get another old Air1 and start offloading apps I want to keep using but which won’t survive a major iOS update.

ImageArt Ann how do you keep using your old abandoned favourites for as long as possible ?

Stackables! I’m too scared to use mine in case I use it up or something goes wrong and then I’ll never see it again :fearscream::screamcat::weary::cryingcat:
I know! I’m filled with trepidation every time I use it. Why oh why would they not maintain this marvellous app?
Although time consuming I've saved some of my favorite filters from Stackables and Formulas on plain white squares and using them to blend in other apps. I'm sure using the white background changes their appearance but at least I'll have something if the apps disappear.

Looking up in downtown Cleveland
Darkr, SKRWT
fullsizeoutput_6d77.jpeg

Although time consuming I've saved some of my favorite filters from Stackables and Formulas on plain white squares and using them to blend in other apps. I'm sure using the white background changes their appearance but at least I'll have something if the apps disappear.

Brilliant. I thought of similar with Mixerpiece, bcs the pieces are so hard to manipulate. But I saved them onto transparencies with Union.

I started reading up on it and Apple don't make it easy. For all its faults this is one reason why I like android as a platform. I have all my installation files sitting on my hard disk at home and work so even if I need to wipe my phone and start again I'm up and running with the apps I need in a few minutes. I've still got the old versions (before they updated/broke them) of some apps.
Sometimes Apple really gets on my nerves... if Android can do that then so can they.... but they choose to wait and wait until they give us stuff. :mad:

View attachment 144751

Part of The Cowell Press, letterpress printing, on the UC Santa Cruz campus. I believe there's also another press, Lime Kiln Press, on campus. Both after my time or I'd have been in there.

Native cam, Photos.
Is that a drawing of an egret I spy on the wall? :lol: It looks like a great creative space.

Last edited:
Genius!! I would never have thought of that. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

How do you save transparencies?

I pm’d you. I tried to post one of the png files and the Mobi server said no. Twice :D

Short version:
1. Straight from Stackables as png
2. From Union with “clear” selected as bottom layer (these are versions I have messed with.

I lugged one over to your pm. Tell me what you think?

ImageArt, Jerry - this is your area?

Back
Top Bottom