B&W RESULT:#126 Black & White Challenge

E2201241-651C-49D9-A43E-B6F2BC96C981.jpeg

Guardian
ACDSee Pro, Photos

Hi Everyone - sorry my decision is a little late, but I have to admit it’s not an easy thing to do. Such a diverse range of images to decide upon. However, after looking at them several times, I have made my choices.

I’m going to be a little cheeky and have 3 choices - as the 2 runners-up I couldn’t make a decision on as they are both brilliant but they are by the same person - Coronation80 Stephen - the Bridge and the Lantern room - both are very effective and evocative in black and white which I expect would not appear the same as a colour image. The bridge was very space-age and could have been a backdrop to a sci-fi scene, whereas the Lantern room was very mysterious and a little foreboding.

Now for the winner of the this weeks’ challenge and this is a person, who like me, likes the ‘little bit obscure’, if you don’t mind me saying!
E23C3BE0-4C23-48DA-AC50-CD597E0F3D28.jpeg

Jef Jef”s image of the dandelion head is beautiful - something I know as a gardener we don’t like, but when photographed like this, you can’t help but be stunned by the beauty and elegance of the delicate seed head. Well done Jeff and good luck having to choose the next week’s winners!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone - sorry my decision is a little late, but I have to admit it’s not an easy thing to do. Such a diverse range of images to decide upon. However, after looking at them several times, I have made my choices.

I’m going to be a little cheeky and have 3 choices - as the 2 runners-up I couldn’t make a decision on as they are both brilliant but they are by the same person - Coronation80 Stephen - the Bridge and the Lantern room - both are very effective and evocative in black and white which I expect would not appear the same as a colour image. The bridge was very space-age and could have been a backdrop to a sci-fi scene, whereas the Lantern room was very mysterious and a little foreboding.

Now for the winner of the this weeks’ challenge and this is a person, who like me, likes the ‘little bit obscure’, if you don’t mind me saying!
View attachment 145178
Jef Jef”s image of the dandelion head is beautiful - something I know as a gardener we don’t like, but when photographed like this, you can’t help but be stunned by the beauty and elegance of the delicate seed head. Well done Jeff and good luck having to choose the next week’s winners!
Super job Jan, well done. And congratulations to Jef Jef and Coronation80 Stephen. Two seconds is almost as good as getting a first Stephen! Jef’s lovely take on a dandelion head is fab - it’s nice to see a different angle on these very photogenic seedheads. Stephen is a great supporter of the Black & White Challenge and it’s nice to see that enthusiasm rewarded. Great images from everyone as usual. I have already, very carefully, taken Jef’s dandelion down to the gallery - well, we don’t want dandelions sprouting willy-nilly! :lol:

Thanks! High fives to all for some excellent photos this week, particularly Coronation80 Stephen for his works. I do love the “little bit obscure” piece... they are the most fun to find and work on, IMO.

Knock Knock
E9AA02E7-215D-4DA9-9D65-FC39FE9B2939.jpeg

NativeCam, Carbon, Snapseed
In America a lot of people get upset about the militarization of the police. This vehicle our Budget Cat, is comprised of parts of around six other Humvees and trucks donated by the US Army. It is not only used for breaches but also to pull cars out of ditches, or flooded roads. That winch on the front has pulled quite a few vehicles out of bad places. It’s actually quite badass to ride in, but so incredibly uncomfortable too as they haven’t managed to get the a/c working ;):p

Knock Knock
View attachment 145251
NativeCam, Carbon, Snapseed
In America a lot of people get upset about the militarization of the police. This vehicle our Budget Cat, is comprised of parts of around six other Humvees and trucks donated by the US Army. It is not only used for breaches but also to pull cars out of ditches, or flooded roads. That winch on the front has pulled quite a few vehicles out of bad places. It’s actually quite badass to ride in, but so incredibly uncomfortable too as they haven’t managed to get the a/c working ;):p
That’s a beast, all right.

Back
Top Bottom