B&W RESULT:#128 Black & White Challenge

Last edited:
This challenge is now closed. Not a huge number of images for terse Ted to choose from this week, but the quality is very high, so I still think he’ll have his work cut out choosing his favourites. But choose he must, so, whenever you’re ready Ted.

For first place, I was unable to decide, so I'm declaring a tie between Coronation80 for "In the zone" and Coronation80 for "Sidedish," one a slightly gritty slice of life and the other a beautifully rendered still life. With a flip of the coin, I'm going to give the featured spot to "In the zone," which has a wonderful second story in the background with the somewhat creepy longing look of the young man and the frozen look of the young woman he seems to be sighing over. (Stephen's "Mirror Image" was also a contender.)

_20190523_215723-2-jpg.145546

For second place, I'm calling another tie between JillyG's "The Harpist" which is beautifully clear and gets an extra kick from the stare of the elderly lady through the harp strings, and sdimbour's "coffee at Atari," which I almost passed by as a nice street cafe scene until I noticed the two ghostly figures overhead, one holding a pole, apparently fishing for souls.

22acd73c-53cc-49d9-92a6-b6508897c8c5-jpeg.145487

7a84cf73-1cbc-4ba0-8e85-bd250cabeb44-jpeg.145569

And in third place is deepop's "Where's Waldo," a beautiful, podium-worthy waterfall image even before you start wondering "Waldo? What Waldo?"

d96fbc33-ff26-42f2-a81a-406ca9b0ec82-jpeg.145407

Honorable Mentions to rizole for his feet and to Jef for his untitled Queen Anne (?) home rendered in gorgeous dark tones (which caused me to once again download Darkr and once again realize I don't get the same results he does).

For first place, I was unable to decide, so I'm declaring a tie between Coronation80 for "In the zone" and Coronation80 for "Sidedish," one a slightly gritty slice of life and the other a beautifully rendered still life. With a flip of the coin, I'm going to give the featured spot to "In the zone," which has a wonderful second story in the background with the somewhat creepy longing look of the young man and the frozen look of the young woman he seems to be sighing over. (Stephen's "Mirror Image" was also a contender.)

For second place, I'm calling another tie between JillyG's "The Harpist" which is beautifully clear and gets an extra kick from the stare of the elderly lady through the harp strings, and sdimbour's "coffee at Atari," which I almost passed by as a nice street cafe scene until I noticed the two ghostly figures overhead, one holding a pole, apparently fishing for souls.

And in third place is deepop's "Where's Waldo," a beautiful, podium-worthy waterfall image even before you start wondering "Waldo? What Waldo?"

Honorable Mentions to rizole for his feet and to Jef for his untitled Queen Anne (?) home rendered in gorgeous dark tones (which caused me to once again download Darkr and once again realize I don't get the same results he does).

I loved that one too Ted - that attitude is priceless, and I hadn’t noticed the sub-plot until you mentioned it. Congratulations to Coronation80 Stephen! Thank you for my joint second - I’m absolutely thrilled to be squashed on the second podium with sdimbour Sandra - I love those two sculptures sitting watching the world go by; a brilliant spot. Well done to deepop David for that brilliant image with a twist. Hearty slaps on the back to the HMs - rizole Rizole and Jef Jef. Great job everyone. I will now take Coronation80 Stephen’s young person full of ennui down to the Gallery.

Here’s a link to the Black & White Gallery - see all of those fabulous black and white winners here:https://mobitog.com/media/albums/mobi-black-white-winners.822/

Last edited:

Congratulations Stephen...there’s so much to like in the winner. Congrats to Jilly and Sandra. Thanks for the third place.

Great choice Ted terse . Stephen Coronation80 pics are great!!! Well done!!!
Thanks for making me a shares 2nd for last week challenge.
See you next week!!!

Back
Top Bottom