B&W RESULT:#131 Black & White Challenge

Line of duty, Sony Xperia
26170422_1943707919283713_2322862788692035180_o.jpg

From a sunny Norfolk (the first day of the whole week where we’ve seen sun in the morning!!!!), I declare this Black & White Challenge CLOSED. As it’s my pleasure to judge this week, I’ll post the results of my deliberations later, if that’s okay, after we’re home and unpacked.
Here’s the link to the new #132 Challenge:https://mobitog.com/threads/new-132-black-white-challenge.23827/

What a great bunch of high quality black and white images we’ve had here this week (last week). I loved something about every one, but there was one image that really appealed to me and I felt the love for it every time I scrolled through the images. That one is sinnerjohn John’s Lookout.
BE95088C-436D-4D06-BC0C-752CBAFCB4B6.jpeg

It’s taken from a great angle and I really get a sense of being somewhere by the sea with a lovely blue sky (don’t disillusion me John and tell me it was in the middle of Sheffield or somewhere). It’s also got a sort of War of the Worlds vibe with that strange light.

Joint seconds are:

dscheff Jeffrey with Hot Oil - how you managed to make the rocks surrounding the manhole cover look radioactive I don’t know, but I love it. terse Ted with Sssnake ssscript - every time I look at this I find myself trying to make a word out of the squiggles. sdimbour Sandra with The Admirer - that lady looks for all the world like a reincarnation of Nefertiti, and the reflections just add another dimension to a great image.

HMs include rizole Rizole for Hello and Barrel, TomHH Tom for On the Run and A rose is a rose is a rose ..., Coronation80 Stephen for Shoot from the Hip and Eye of Newt. This week’s Cute Award goes to RoseCat Catherine for her baby bunny.

Marvellous work everyone!

Last edited:
Congrats to place 1 to 3 (and of course all the other).
Having not posted for quite a while, looking at the challenges is always a motivation - and I won again. Not the challenge but ideas and pleasant moments watch the your images.

Greetings, Tom

Congrats to place 1 to 3 (and of course all the other).
Having not posted for quite a while, looking at the challenges is always a motivation - and I won again. Not the challenge but ideas and pleasant moments watch the your images.

Greetings, Tom
We get the same when we look at your images Tom. :thumbs:

What a great bunch of high quality black and white images we’ve had here this week (last week). I loved something about every one, but there was one image that really appealed to me and I felt the love for it every time I scrolled through the images. That one is sinnerjohn John’s Lookout.
View attachment 146343
It’s taken from a great angle and I really get a sense of being somewhere by the sea with a lovely blue sky (don’t disillusion me John and tell me it was in the middle of Sheffield or somewhere). It’s also got a sort of War of the Worlds vibe with that strange light.

Joint seconds are:

dscheff Jeffrey with Hot Oil - how you managed to make the rocks surrounding the manhole cover look radioactive I don’t know, but I love it. terse Ted with Sssnake ssscript - every time I look at this I find myself trying to make a word out of the squiggles. sdimbour Sandra with The Admirer - that lady looks for all the world like a reincarnation of Nefertiti, and the reflections just add another dimension to a great image.

HMs include rizole Rizole for Hello and Barrel, TomHH Tom for On the Run and A rose is a rose is a rose ..., Coronation80 Stephen for Shoot from the Hip and Eye of Newt. This week’s Cute Award goes to RoseCat Catherine for her baby bunny.

Great choice JillyG Congrats sinnerjohn what a great IMage.
Congrats Jeffrey and Ted for your 2nd place.
Thanks for making me a joint 2nd this week.
See you all next week.

View attachment 146343

Joint seconds are:

Wow thanks Jilly, I feel like a bit of a cheat as I only posted that one image in b/w this week......................no wait ok I'll take it :D
It is indeed somewhere by the sea, the fishing village of Alvor on Portugal's Algarve a couple of weeks ago. I used a little zoom (digital shock horror) and I'm still impressed by the Pixel's abilities in that field. Original below and yes it was a blue sunny sky Jilly so definitely not one of life's many disappointments !!
IMG_20190528_115407.jpg

Congrats to the cast of thousands this week, great images all.

Back
Top Bottom