B&W RESULT:#135 Black & White Challenge

Deep Time #1
CB4A99E2-0B22-4938-B3C7-8C8A417B6A03.jpeg

What public phones do you have ?
We don't! :( They've been dismantled/removed... there are some phone booths in Manhattan that were changed over to WiFi and/or charging stations, but most are just empty vessels with the phones removed. I get excited now if I see one, as they are rare. Perhaps there are small towns that might still have working phone booths?

We don't! :( They've been dismantled/removed... there are some phone booths in Manhattan that were changed over to WiFi and/or charging stations, but most are just empty vessels with the phones removed. I get excited now if I see one, as they are rare. Perhaps there are small towns that might still have working phone booths?

They’re all over the place here - nowhere near the numbers we’d see ten/twenty years ago, but they’re certainly not a rarity. Yet. And they used to be ‘public phones’: I see our national telco has taken up the American term ‘payphones’

Not in my small town. The one in front of the telephone company is even gone. I did see one in over in East Rochester last year. They sort of stand out now.

Back
Top Bottom