MobiColour RESULT: #136 No Theme - Sept 3-9, 2018

The thing you read your oil levels from. Don’t ask.
Yeah, it's hard to see what the insult has to do with reading the oil level in your car. Maybe it started from dippy (sort of loony in a not-too-smart kind of way). Or maybe it's related to calling someone a simple tool, though that seems unlikely.

Yeah, it's hard to see what the insult has to do with reading the oil level in your car. Maybe it started from dippy (sort of loony in a not-too-smart kind of way). Or maybe it's related to calling someone a simple tool, though that seems unlikely.
Google tells me - Turns out, “dipstick” comes from “dip”, which was 1920s slang for a stupid person. Next came “dipshit”, which is obviously a lot stronger, so those less daring aggressors lightened it to “dipstick”.

D916CA50-D288-45A5-988E-59538215A054.jpeg

Water garden #1
ACDSee Pro, Snapseed

Australian slang [mild] insult: calling someone a ‘dipstick’. The thing you read your oil levels from. Don’t ask.

English slang too...An intellectually challenged person.

American also. A slightly milder version of dip$#!t.

Isn’t that nice — some commonalities across the continents :inlove: just goes to show, deep down, we’re all One.

*holding hands across the ocean* :thumbs:

Interesting — I like both, but the first one better. And I was about to ask if you had experimented with different colours & widths in the borders/framing, and if you had, could we see? I was curious what difference black would make, for a start. *I love the effect of the light & the colours on this surreal-ish sculpture.

Bath is obviously very upmarket - I can’t find a single swear word in the graffitti!:D Well spotted and another lovely edit.
I’d say that’s more coincidence than anything... Bath iron works and Naval yard would hardly make for upscale language use.
Haha! True! All those salty sailors.....

Interesting — I like both, but the first one better. And I was about to ask if you had experimented with different colours & widths in the borders/framing, and if you had, could we see? I was curious what difference black would make, for a start. *I love the effect of the light & the colours on this surreal-ish sculpture.
I appreciate the input. I’d like to do LOTS of color variations... just haven’t gotten to them all yet. I haven’t played with the borders at all. I was just using the free version of Picstitch to put the images together. There’s options to purchase the ability to change frame color and such, but haven’t done that yet. I’d be happy to share when that happens.

On that note: does anyone have recommendations for apps for collage, image overlap (not double exposure), etc? Any input is much appreciated. It is my birthday, so I’m all for throwing a few bones at something fun today. :)

I appreciate the input. I’d like to do LOTS of color variations... just haven’t gotten to them all yet. I haven’t played with the borders at all. I was just using the free version of Picstitch to put the images together. There’s options to purchase the ability to change frame color and such, but haven’t done that yet. I’d be happy to share when that happens.

On that note: does anyone have recommendations for apps for collage, image overlap (not double exposure), etc? Any input is much appreciated. It is my birthday, so I’m all for throwing a few bones at something fun today. :)
Awwwww, Happy Birthday Jef. Are you doing anything fun this evening to celebrate?

Happy birthday Jef!!

On that note: does anyone have recommendations for apps for collage, image overlap (not double exposure), etc? Any input is much appreciated. It is my birthday, so I’m all for throwing a few bones at something fun today.
For multiple layering and masking, I usually use Leonardo, though Superimpose X and Affinity Photo also do that. zenjenny likes Union (though is that still only two layers at a time, Jen?). For panels, as you did above, I use Diptic.

Last edited:
For multiple layering and masking, I usually use Leonardo, though Superimpose X and Affinity Photo also do that. zenjenny likes Union (though is that still only two layers at a time, Jen?). For panels, as you did above, I use Diptic.
Super helpful, thanks. New stuff to look in to

Back
Top Bottom