MobiColour RESULT: #136 No Theme - Sept 3-9, 2018

"Let the children sing"
73C5C2D3-3029-44E4-B8B5-6AC4C2A69DC0.jpeg

ProCamera, Brushstroke, Image Blender, Trigraphy, A Color Story, WordSwag, Distressed FX

I appreciate the input. I’d like to do LOTS of color variations... just haven’t gotten to them all yet. I haven’t played with the borders at all. I was just using the free version of Picstitch to put the images together. There’s options to purchase the ability to change frame color and such, but haven’t done that yet. I’d be happy to share when that happens.

On that note: does anyone have recommendations for apps for collage, image overlap (not double exposure), etc? Any input is much appreciated. It is my birthday, so I’m all for throwing a few bones at something fun today. :)

For multiple layering and masking, I usually use Leonardo, though Superimpose X and Affinity Photo also do that. zenjenny likes Union (though is that still only two layers at a time, Jen?). For panels, as you did above, I use Diptic.

What Ted said. Yes, Union has two layers plus a masking layer, and my go-to (because simple). Also as Ted says Diptic for panels/collages, some choice with colours and patterns. Autocollage is fun and has lots of choices for colour (including gradients). SketchClub is the best kept secret on the App Store as far as layering and overlapping is concerned.

GroovyGouvy and Lzed are Mobi’s pre-eminent app experts. ImageArt Starzee JillyG and I am probably the most manic committed image collages/layer-ers — they and others may have some tips for you....

And very best wishes for your birthday!

I appreciate the input. I’d like to do LOTS of color variations... just haven’t gotten to them all yet. I haven’t played with the borders at all. I was just using the free version of Picstitch to put the images together. There’s options to purchase the ability to change frame color and such, but haven’t done that yet. I’d be happy to share when that happens.

On that note: does anyone have recommendations for apps for collage, image overlap (not double exposure), etc? Any input is much appreciated. It is my birthday, so I’m all for throwing a few bones at something fun today. :)
I use layers all the time when working on photos but not so much the obvious layering/composite type of image. I do that occasionally and may do more of that in future. My main interest in layers is doing things I hope people won’t notice. You would certainly notice it if compared to the original image but I try to make it seem like that’s just how it was shot. Mostly some selective manipulation between subject and background. Leonardo has been my tool of choice on the iPhone. It handles many layers quite well
However, I got an iPad Pro specifically so I could run Affinity Photo since it is the app that provides the most Photoshop-like features and control available on iOS. It is a powerhouse. I wanted to be able to do things that otherwise cannot be done on mobile. HDR using DNG files, and Focus Stacking with DNG files. So far the most I have tried is 20 layers and it manages that with ease.

Yes, but you were there at that moment and had your phone ready. I’m always missing things ‘cos I’m not ready.
Not to do myself down but the road was blocked both ways so no morning bus to work. Knowing I was going to be late anyway I spent half an hour documenting the excitement. (Don't tell my boss.) I have around 150 pictures of school kids crossing there, one of them was bound to be half interesting.
In the end I hitched to work and was only 15 mins late ftw.

Not to do myself down but the road was blocked both ways so no morning bus to work. Knowing I was going to be late anyway I spent half an hour documenting the excitement. (Don't tell my boss.) I have around 150 pictures of school kids crossing there, one of them was bound to be half interesting.
Hitched?:eek:

This fits exactly with a previous discussion about how those famous street photographers of the past got those great shots. They found/happened upon/and recognized a good opportunity and kept shooting it until something great happened. It’s that extra determination to stick with it, as well as being willing to be late if necessary, that makes the difference. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom