Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #136!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here - LIMIT OF 3 IMAGES IN ONE POST, preferably 1 image per post. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R !!

Theme: No Theme

The judge for this challenge is deepop David!

Study of Cellular, Olga Zeimska
69E080EF-A17C-4094-8511-7713408EF19D.jpeg

ProCamera, Snapseed, PicStitch

Moving.
View attachment 113741
This one popped out at me as it was the only one with discontinuous light trails.
View attachment 113742
At a shutter speed of 3rd of a second I reckon these headlights have a frequency of around 90htz. One for all you numbers freaks out there.
What great low-light shots - so sharp. And I love the trails. Were you one of those people I sometimes see dangling about over motorways? I often wonder what they’re doing.o_O

What great low-light shots - so sharp. And I love the trails. Were you one of those people I sometimes see dangling about over motorways? I often wonder what they’re doing.o_O
I don't do it often tbh, I was hoping for a sunset but got a cloudset instead so tried other things out.
Heart breakingly, on the highest bridge over the M62, tied to the railings, are many handwritten, laminated cards done by the Samaritans, or on their behalf, and ribbons. On the cards are supportive messages and a contact number for the Samaritans. So that's one class of person that hovers around bridges in motorways.
Took me by surprise. I found it quite whelming.
20180902_191033_002_01-01.jpeg

I don't do it often tbh, I was hoping for a sunset but got a cloudset instead so tried other things out.
Heart breakingly, on the highest bridge over the M62, tied to the railings, are many handwritten, laminated cards done by the Samaritans, or on their behalf, and ribbons. On the cards are supportive messages and a contact number for the Samaritans. So that's one class of person that hovers around bridges in motorways.
View attachment 113746

How odd that you should post this poignant image because, as I was driving back from town today, there was a person on one of the bridges over the dual carriageway bending over, leaning his head against one of the supports. I was worried for him because it was an odd stance for someone just hanging around waiting for a friend say, or just wasting a bit of time. I am always a bit unnerved by people standing on bridges. That’s such a good idea to put messages there because obviously it’s a favourite haunt of people who can’t see a way forward.

View attachment 113746
good image, great message

Moving.
View attachment 113741
This one popped out at me as it was the only one with discontinuous light trails.
View attachment 113742
At a shutter speed of 3rd of a second I reckon these headlights have a frequency of around 90htz. One for all you numbers freaks out there.
These are impressive!! (adjective from searching “awesome” in Thesaurus app :whistle: )

View attachment 113746
Oh, this gave me goosebumps. Beautiful and poignant image, Rizole.

View attachment 113746
Goodness. I never realised. Didn’t think about it. Guess not having been on a bridge like this it never occurred to me.

JillyG Admittedly, I had to go to google to learn what a diptic (diptych) is. I really like the idea of building something like that.
When in fact I should have said triptych of course.:rolleyes: And I should have spelled it correctly too! These would definitely lend themselves to that.

View attachment 113746
In GA, and a lot of the US, we can get arrested for taking pictures from freeway bridges :(

On what grounds?

Ahhhh... Seems spurious...
I've been told to "move on" by two police officers while attempting to photograph the Atlanta skyline. There is great debate in America about street photography and photography in "public" places. It depends on the officer, I suppose, and if their department receives calls from people passing by. After 9/11 and numerous attacks on innocent people there is a degree of paranoia in the US that doesn't seem to go away.
I asked some of our patrol officers what the score is as I saw someone the other day photographing sunset from a bridge. They said if it looks suspicious they will stop, otherwise they just drive right by...

Back
Top Bottom