B&W RESULT:#139 Black & White Challenge

It’s that time again when I say this challenge is CLOSED and I ask last week’s winner, sinnerjohn John, to choose his favourites. If you’ve recovered from the disappointment of returning from your holiday John, please do the honours whenever your ready.:D

Well as its raining again I might as well do this.

While I was on holiday in Italy I'd amuse my wife in the mornings by saying, looks like another nice day dear. Having lived in the UK all my life I can't get my head around more than two consecutive days of summer sunshine without the usual thunderstorms and downpours.
I swear I was born too far north :(

Anyway, 5 pages, getting on for 40 images. Not bad for a mid summer week in b/w :thumbs:

One person excelled this week imho, with nature, street and impressionistic.......can you guess who? More of that later.

In third, and its a travesty to be 3rd with this image, which shows the high standard this week. Is RoseCat's wall and window. Just love those textures and shadows Catherine.
5D4E75BE-3EB8-41F1-BF69-A1A0C7962C05.jpeg

Second is TomHH with Harbour impressions. What a fantastic waterscape from my fellow pixeler ;) What clouds, what water, just brilliant.
IMG_20190803_164440-01.jpg

Before we come to first I'd like to mention a few other images that caught my eye. JillyG with Moth and Moon, could have been a book illustration, captivating image.
ImageArt's Birds of a Feather, breathtaking nature photography.
rizole's back room, life as art? And loved Bank Side too.
I loved Breconrambler's Ox picture but you really must work on your picture sizes Hans, the image seems really small, could definitely have been a contender. Your Industrial Art image was also worth a mention.
Coronation80 has become one of the top street MobiToggers and the 'Just hear me out' image is another superb example of the style.

So one significant Mobi peep not metioned? He gave us a Duck, some reeds, some urban (or maybe suburban), impressionistic neon streets, floral and nature. I guess you could say he was on a roll this week.........
But the image I kept going back to was the sea lion opera. Could almost be a sculpture, what beautiful creatures and looking so graceful. I assume these are wild Californian sea lions?
This weeks winner is Ted terse
2C3DEFB1-2EB7-4554-85AD-72A34412D016.jpeg

While I was on holiday in Italy I'd amuse my wife in the mornings by saying, looks like another nice day dear. Having lived in the UK all my life I can't get my head around more than two consecutive days of summer sunshine without the usual thunderstorms and downpours.

Anyway, 5 pages, getting on for 40 images. Not bad for a mid summer week in b/w :thumbs:

One person excelled this week imho, with nature, street and impressionistic.......can you guess who? More of that later.

In third, and its a travesty to be 3rd with this image, which shows the high standard this week. Is RoseCat's wall and window. Just love those textures and shadows Catherine.
View attachment 148266

Second is TomHH with Harbour impressions. What a fantastic waterscape from my fellow pixeler ;) What clouds, what water, just brilliant.
View attachment 148267

Before we come to first I'd like to mention a few other images that caught my eye. JillyG with Moth and Moon, could have been a book illustration, captivating image.
I loved Breconrambler's Ox picture but you really must work on your picture sizes Hans, the image seems really small, could definitely have been a contender. Your Industrial Art image was also worth a mention.
Coronation80 has become one of the top street MobiToggers and the 'Just hear me out' image is another superb example of the style.

So one significant Mobi peep not metioned? He gave us a Duck, some reeds, some urban (or maybe suburban), impressionistic neon streets, floral and nature. I guess you could say he was on a roll this week.........
But the image I kept going back to was the sea lion opera. Could almost be a sculpture, what beautiful creatures and looking so graceful. I assume these are wild Californian sea lions?
View attachment 148269
The sea lions and I thank you, John. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: (Yes, they're wild, just hanging out by the wharf soaking up the sun.) Congrats to TomHH, RoseCat, and everyone who joined in. It was a great week for b/w.

First of all - congratulations to all folks who took part in this challenge! And thank you for honoring my work! What I like most in this challenges is the mild pressure to get some picture to show them. Pressure in the way of motivation and creativity.

Folks, go out shoot, show, recognize, watch! This is what's it all about.

View attachment 148266

View attachment 148267

View attachment 148269
A lovely piece of judging John, thank you. Congratulations terse Ted - those sea lions are so adorable aren’t they? They always seem to be performing in your images - even when they’re sleeping. :D Well done to TomHH Tom who came second with that fantastic harbour scene - so much to look at and so amazingly sharp. Hugs to RoseCat Catherine for her third - that is a simply lovely image. Hugs to all of the HMs. What a week it was. I will now try to herd Ted’s sea lions down to the Gallery - I don’t know whether to take a beach ball or a bucket of fish.:lol:

View attachment 148266

View attachment 148267

View attachment 148269
Well done, Ted! Thanks for the mention, John. Well done Catherine and Tom and all other mentionables!

View attachment 148266

View attachment 148267

View attachment 148269
Lovely wrap-up John! And I couldn't agree more..... Congrats terse Ted! Your gorgeous Sea Lion Opera is well deserved of the honor. :inlove:
A big high five to TomHH Tom on your second! Kudos to all the HMs. And thank you so very much for my third place... as some would say, I'm chuffed! :D

I will now try to herd Ted’s sea lions down to the Gallery - I don’t know whether to take a beach ball or a bucket of fish.:lol:
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom