B&W RESULT:#146 Black & White Challenge

When Friday finally kicks in!
IMG_20191004_213104~2.jpg

On yet another wet morning in England, it’s time to CLOSE this particular challenge and ask rizole Rizole’s to choose his favourites. Whenever you’re ready. :thumbs:

HMs to:
JillyG's Hogwarts. (Did you fluff the editing on the left of the central spire or is it like that IRL?)
RoseCat's Colorado National Monument
sinnerjohn 's Strange Fruit.
Starzee's Autoshop

In third place:
Coronation80's When friday finally kicks in
Just a nice, candid picture. I like how her face is almost the only thing in focus, everyone else has thier back to us and she's smiling. There's movement, activity and the whole thing is nicely composed in the frame.

In second:
carlos for Spilled on a wall. Simple, strong lines and blocks and a more complex, subtler splash of whatever that is. The messy frame adds to the overall effect and the date at the bottom oddly completes the whole pic for me.

My winner this week is terse with
36FEA835-C7EB-4857-99AC-9ED0643E2BAC.jpeg

Compositionally lovely, there's four strong shapes in this that balance the picture beatifully. The depth of the whole thing falls away from the triangle of grass at the front to the misshape negative space of the water going away from us to the back. The strong shapes and hard details are counterpointed by the soft washing of the water. You've got movement in the water, sure, but you can also see the grass being blown by the wind too. And then there's that single, solitary seagull on the rocks on the left.
Nice one. :D

HMs to:
JillyG's Hogwarts. (Did you fluff the editing on the left of the central spire or is it like that IRL?)
Starzee's Autoshop

In third place:
Just a nice, candid picture. I like how her face is almost the only thing in focus, everyone else has thier back to us and she's smiling. There's movement, activity and the whole thing is nicely composed in the frame.

In second:
carlos for Spilled on a wall. Simple, strong lines and blocks and a more complex, subtler splash of whatever that is. The messy frame adds to the overall effect and the date at the bottom oddly completes the whole pic for me.

View attachment 150269

Compositionally lovely, there's four strong shapes in this that balance the picture beatifully. The depth of the whole thing falls away from the triangle of grass at the front to the misshape negative space of the water going away from us to the back. The strong shapes and hard details are counterpointed by the soft washing of the water. You've got movement in the water, sure, but you can also see the grass being blown by the wind too. And then there's that single, solitary seagull on the rocks on the left.
I always love your judgings because you give us your insights and we look at the images with new eyes. Whilst there’s a place for short, pithy judgements, I think we all appreciate knowing what the judge saw and liked about an image. Thank you.:notworthy: Oh, and mind your own business about my fluffings (but if you MUST have an answer - it’s yes, I did fluff the touching up. I just could not get it to delete a light no matter how hard I tried, thank you for asking:mobibabe:).

Congratulations Ted, you know how much I love your slow shutter images of the Californian seaside. Well done to Carlos and Stephen for second and third. I’m happy to be in the company of Catherine, John and Star for the HMs. Super job everyone. :thumbs:

Righty-ho, me and Ted’s choppy sea are off to the Gallery. :barf:

HMs to:
Starzee's Autoshop

In third place:

In second:

View attachment 150269

That Ted is hard to beat, its a beauty well deserved and oddly the last image to be posted this week. Saving the best to last Ted? :notworthy:
Well done carlos and Coronation80
High fives to the HM's

HMs to:
Starzee's Autoshop

In third place:

In second:

View attachment 150269

I always love your judgings because you give us your insights and we look at the images with new eyes. Whilst there’s a place for short, pithy judgements, I think we all appreciate knowing what the judge saw and liked about an image.
I agree, Jilly!
Congrats terse Ted! Well done. :D
High fives to placers carlos and Coronation80 Stephen! I appreciate my HM and am happy to sit beside Jilly, John and Star (and hopefully it’s at Star’s pub and we’re sharing a pint! :D )

HMs to:
Starzee's Autoshop

In third place:

In second:

View attachment 150269

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Thank you rizole, I'm honored. Congrats to carlos and Coronation80, too, and to all the HMs.

HMs to:
Starzee's Autoshop

In third place:

In second:

View attachment 150269

I sometimes find slow motion water shots in photography a bit hackneyed but this is great, Ted. Well done.

HMs to:
Starzee's Autoshop

In third place:

In second:

View attachment 150269

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom