B&W RESULT: #147 Black & White Challenge

Hey Gouvs, there’s nothing to stop you opening your own challenge for tinted images. :D I’m telling you now though, it’s a responsibility. Several challenges have been opened recently and then just abandoned by the person who was supposed to be running it. Doors and Windows challenge - I’m looking at you!:rolleyes:
:fearscream:
Will rethink it – but would theme it. :feet::thumbs:

Hey Gouvs, there’s nothing to stop you opening your own challenge for tinted images. :D I’m telling you now though, it’s a responsibility. Several challenges have been opened recently and then just abandoned by the person who was supposed to be running it. Doors and Windows challenge - I’m looking at you!:rolleyes: Edit: Maybe I’ve wrongly named and shamed the Doors and Windows Challenge - Dr Ranas perhaps called it a challenge, when he meant just a thread. :D
Maybe people should take a responsibility test before they commit to 'challenge' :lol:
I agree the doors and windows was probably more of a thread thing than full on combat ;)

It didn't take me too long to narrow this batch down to my top three, but picking the order of those three was tough. In the end, it goes:

First to TomHH for the untitled waves. Beautiful light, beautifully captured. And that's all I have to say about that.

img_20191005_185211-01-jpg.150294

Second goes to Celine Lumiere for the untitled mesa. Stark grandeur in nature.

img_3146-jpg.150387

And third goes to Mike in VT for "Sittin' pretty." Great, stark light in a classic scene. This one might have gone higher except for the awning intruding on the left.

a4573f31-c8db-4741-b8b2-32f0c9ffea58-jpeg.150386

Honorable mentions (in order of appearance) to deepop for "Taking off", JillyG for "Bird on a wire", Coronation80 for "Framed", Breconrambler for "8", and sdimbour for "Just a leaf".

It didn't take me too long to narrow this batch down to my top three, but picking the order of those three was tough. In the end, it goes:

First to TomHH for the untitled waves. Beautiful light, beautifully captured. And that's all I have to say about that.

img_3146-jpg.150387

And third goes to Mike in VT for "Sittin' pretty." Great, stark light in a classic scene. This one might have gone higher except for the awning intruding on the left.

Honorable mentions (in order of appearance) to deepop for "Taking off", JillyG for "Bird on a wire", Coronation80 for "Framed", Breconrambler for "8", and sdimbour for "Just a leaf".
Lovely judging Ted. Congratulations to TomHH Tom. That is a beautiful seascape - super sharp and beautifully composed. You are certainly showcasing your skills and the Pixel 3. Well done to Celine Lumiere Celine and Mike in VT Mike - those two images, that caused a bit of discussion, are wonderful. I’m glad we didn’t lose them from the challenge. Snaps and claps to the HMs and great work by everyone. Thank you to you all. Right, me and Tom’s seascape are off to the Gallery. You do know I get seasick really easily don’t you?:barf:

img_3146-jpg.150387

Fab choices Ted... they’re all really beautiful. :hearteyes: Congrats TomHH! Well deserved win. High fives to Celine Lumiere, Mike in VT and the HMs.

Wow! Uhm, what can I say... thank you so much for selecting my shot. But honestly - all three pictures are interchangeable for the first place! Celine's mountain of shades of grey or Mike's two sides of light and shades. Both pictures of great composing. So judging strikes me again.... :lmao:

Wow! Uhm, what can I say... thank you so much for selecting my shot. But honestly - all three pictures are interchangeable for the first place! Celine's mountain of shades of grey or Mike's two sides of light and shades. Both pictures of great composing. So judging strikes me again.... :lmao:

tom, please don’t argue with the judges, they get very upset and refuse to come out of their rooms, and we blow the ‘business entertainment’ budget on flowers & chocolates coaxing them back. Nottomention the therapy costs.
and that’s a killer image - congrats on the win!

Back
Top Bottom