B&W RESULT: #147 Black & White Challenge

It should be now and should have been before. As Gouvy points out there can be a reversal in the process of sorts. I take a colour photo and take it to Blähe and white. Then you have choices of light and colour to play with. In colour the picture is still b/w but u can make it more dark or light. At the far right is silver tone and the b/w photo gets a slightly different tint of grey/black which is fine but gets picked up as colour contaminated, even so all the refinements of the picture have been made in B/W mode... very confusing. Snapseed okay got the time I guess....
Yes, the first image is black and white now. :thumbs: Now let’s work on the other one. :rolleyes:

View attachment 150311O c t. 6th
This time I put it through Snapseed ok
Nope, not black and white. :rolleyes: It’s not enough to put it through Snapseed’s black and white filters because some of them have colour. You have to go to Tune Image > Saturation and remove the colour completely there.

What is the title please? And are those washed up dead bodies or what is it ? is there anything I am missing?? Keeping in mind I only have a I-phone 6 to do all this with....
Ahhhhh, that explains it. You do all the taking and editing on your iPhone. I Understand now how you can’t see the slight colour in your images. :thumbs:

Ahhhhh, that explains it. You do all the taking and editing on your iPhone. I Understand now how you can’t see the slight colour in your images. :thumbs:
I tried another way. Any colour still visible in this copy?
B2985FE2-3121-484D-B4F3-095678394A5B.jpeg

What is the title please? And are those washed up dead bodies or what is it ? is there anything I am missing?? Keeping in mind I only have a I-phone 6 to do all this with....

Let's call it a 'stiff breeze hit the shore'. What you see is just waves hitting the shore (a rocky coast). Water smashed and beaten up so it looks like cream. Because of the light coming in a low angle from the left you see a very vivid and detailed surface.
I'm pretty sure you could have done this also with your iPhone. Technology will support you in making a shot but it is you to select the place and the time to pull the trigger.

Let's call it a 'stiff breeze hit the shore'. What you see is just waves hitting the shore (a rocky coast). Water smashed and beaten up so it looks like cream. Because of the light coming in a low angle from the left you see a very vivid and detailed surface.
I'm pretty sure you could have done this also with your iPhone. Technology will support you in making a shot but it is you to select the place and the time to pull the trigger.
Well I was expecting something different and just didn’t see that wave coming . I like architecture and if there was a lighthouse in the picture with a wave crashing into it, well no title necessary then. But I like interesting titles.Titles give a picture a second meaning plus my own imagination... likeManRay

Last edited:
What about just the wire without that fat bird? :D
Sheesh Tom, when Jilly hears you calling her a fat bird you're going to be in SO MUCH trouble :rolleyes:
Or just a white square?
Is the pinnacle of minimalism not posting a picture you never took?
Well I did say you can't get 'much' more, obviously minimalism can be taken to the extreme.

Back
Top Bottom