B&W RESULT: #147 Black & White Challenge

witchcraft-01.jpeg

witchcraft

Ahhhhh, that explains it. You do all the taking and editing on your iPhone. I Understand now how you can’t see the slight colour in your images. :thumbs:
Does that really depend on the phone? :flushed: Didn't know that. I often can't see it either, but more that I think there still is a tiny while you say it's ok.
Maybe we should rethink the rules to slight colour aliiowed as long as it still looks b/w. Would simplify things. :)

:rolleyes:
What a great car. I’m turning into a right old nag, but this image isn’t black and white - there’s a hint of cream in it. Would you desaturate and repost Mike?
No worries, I'll just take it down. I can't quite see it, maybe it's my eyes, the monitor or my phone. I desaturated on my phone and pulled it up on my monitor and it looks the same.

Maybe we should rethink the rules to slight colour aliiowed as long as it still looks b/w. Would simplify things.
Then the problem becomes "How much tint is too much?" Tints used to be OK when the Black & White challenge was known as MobiMono, but then there was a large, um..., discussion about it, especially after some people (that would include me:zip:) were occasionally posting images that were monochrome but in shades of colors other than gray (like cyanotypes, which are all shades of blue). It seems like the only way to resolve it with some semblance of objectivity was to limit images to shades of gray only.

Then the next problem surfaces, which is that many many b/w filters are actually tinted, some slightly, some heavily. The only way to be sure, if there's any doubt, is to open the image in an app that has saturation adjustment and completely desaturate the final image.

I'd be happy to go back to allowing tints, but the decisions are just as messy or even messier.

No worries, I'll just take it down. I can't quite see it, maybe it's my eyes, the monitor or my phone. I desaturated on my phone and pulled it up on my monitor and it looks the same.
Noooooo, don’t take it away, just whip it into Snapseed and take down the saturation under Tune Image. You’ll definitely see the difference there. I don’t want to lose it from the challenge because it’s such a great image.

Does that really depend on the phone? :flushed: Didn't know that. I often can't see it either, but more that I think there still is a tiny while you say it's ok.
Maybe we should rethink the rules to slight colour aliiowed as long as it still looks b/w. Would simplify things. :)
Nope, we’re not rethinking the rules, because where will it all end? It’s a lot easier to say no colour and I have the final say, that way we all know where we stand.

I tried it first on the iphone, but it didn't change a thing. , then did another on Snapseed. Didn't improve it. Again, no worries.
Repost the original one with a bit of cream in it and I’ll desaturate on my iPad and see if it works. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom