B&W RESULT: #147 Black & White Challenge

Then the problem becomes "How much tint is too much?" Tints used to be OK when the Black & White challenge was known as MobiMono, but then there was a large, um..., discussion about it, especially after some people (that would include me:zip:) were occasionally posting images that were monochrome but in shades of colors other than gray (like cyanotypes, which are all shades of blue). It seems like the only way to resolve it with some semblance of objectivity was to limit images to shades of gray only.

Then the next problem surfaces, which is that many many b/w filters are actually tinted, some slightly, some heavily. The only way to be sure, if there's any doubt, is to open the image in an app that has saturation adjustment and completely desaturate the final image.

I'd be happy to go back to allowing tints, but the decisions are just as messy or even messier.
I remember that well.....I had just joined and shortly after I won the mono challenge with an image in different shades of orange.....

IMG_0020-01.jpeg

Homage

Yeah but I think we have to have the rule, as Ted says "How much tint is too much?" as we end up having Sepia's and Cyanotypes etc.
I try not to add too much opinion around here, but in this case, I think we should leave it as is. Black and white, shades of gray. I remember the “spirited discussion” that led to the demise of Mobi-mono and the birth of the black and white challenge.

I try not to add too much opinion around here, but in this case, I think we should leave it as is. Black and white, shades of gray. I remember the “spirited discussion” that led to the demise of Mobi-mono and the birth of the black and white challenge.
So do I Star. :( We don’t want to go through that again.

So do I Star. :( We don’t want to go through that again.
INDEED. :flushed: o_O

Back
Top Bottom