B&W RESULT: #150 Black & White Challenge

Right, have chosen.

FIRST: sinnerjohn
I think it’s quite difficult to get this sort of black and white edit which looks good and I think John did a brilliant job of this. I have to say I loved his dog with the selfie eyes too.

Warrington Bank Quay

E4E496F8-6EFB-4978-9521-EA3E3424B57B.jpeg

SECOND: sdimbour Sandra
Another of Sandra’s brilliant BW images. I think I would like to have seen the bottom cropped even more so that the real legs weren’t even showing but with the edge of the surf still there. This would have made it even more surreal and the legs less of a distraction but just my personal view.

Playing with sand reflection Vieux Boucau - Landes - France

THIRD: Celine Lumiere
Celine took me down the road with her. I loved that the road draws you into the image and down the road but that your eye is also caught by the white front of the building. The image is sharp and full of detail. Love the bird on the street light.

A Street in Arles

tomklyn Thomas, I have to give you an HM for your children portraits. They are just wonderful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, have chosen.

I think it’s quite difficult to get this sort of black and white edit which looks good and I think John did a brilliant job of this. I have to say I loved his dog with the selfie eyes too.

Warrington Bank Quey
https://mobitog.com/attachments/img_20191029_124019-01-01-jpeg.151268/

Another of Sandra’s brilliant BW images. I think I would like to have seen the bottom cropped even more so that the real legs weren’t even showing but with the edge of the surf still there. This would have made it even more surreal and the legs less of a distraction but just my personal view.

Celine took me down the road with her. I loved that the road draws you into the image and down the road but that your eye is also caught by the white front of the building. The image is sharp and full of detail. Love the bird on the street light.

A Street in Arles

tomklyn Thomas, I have to give you an HM for your children portraits. They are just wonderful!
Fabulous - well done on the judging Ann. Super congrats to sinnerjohn John - you were on fire this week, imho. I could see you getting first place for the dog or the windmill too. As Ann says, the winner has a lovely edit which is difficult to get right. High fives to sdimbour Sandra - your compositions and editing are second to none! Hugs to Celine Lumiere Celine, who also has a fantastic eye for composition and editing. Fist bumps to tomklyn Thomas - your children are just adorable. Great work from everyone again. I’ll now hang John’s Warrington Bank Quay in the Gallery.

Last edited:
FIRST: @sinnerjohn
Well I didn't expect that, many thanks Ann you've just made a damp dismal Sunday much better :notworthy:
Congrats to sdimbour and Celine Lumiere both images I thought were outstanding :thumbs::thumbs:
Lots of images that could have easily won again this week, fantastic to see.

Right, have chosen.

Warrington Bank Quay

View attachment 151373

A Street in Arles

Great choices Ann! Congrats sinnerjohn John! I love the image too. High fives to sdimbour Sandra and Celine Lumiere !

Thanks Ann for my 2nd place. Very proud :)
Congrats John for the win. Great image and well deserved.
Well done as well Celine. Loved your pic!!!
See you all next week!!!

Right, have chosen.

Warrington Bank Quay

View attachment 151373

A Street in Arles

Back
Top Bottom