B&W RESULT: #155 Black & White Challenge

Circus of Horror.
20191207_153917-01.jpeg

Although it could be titled Circus of Racial and Gender Stereotypes but I guess that wouldn't draw in the customers so well.

Oh no, has Wookie gone? :cry: He looks to have been such a character. What a great image of him - the lighting is perfect.
Oh no, Jilly... he’s fine.

we've spent this past year travelling doing various house sits (also looking after their pets)... we’ve travelled from the East Coast to the West Coast, and this wee fella, with his ‘brother’, were at our last house sit of the year in southern Oregon.

of the pets we looked after this year, these two are the ones we’ve missed the most... such characters. ( up til then, I was NOT a terrier guy, but these two certainly showed me how wrong I was.)

Truly affectionate and great characters.

cheers, Jilly.

Oh no, Jilly... he’s fine.

we've spent this past year travelling doing various house sits (also looking after their pets)... we’ve travelled from the East Coast to the West Coast, and this wee fella, with his ‘brother’, were at our last house sit of the year in southern Oregon.

of the pets we looked after this year, these two are the ones we’ve missed the most... such characters. ( up til then, I was NOT a terrier guy, but these two certainly showed me how wrong I was.)

Truly affectionate and great characters.

cheers, Jilly.
What a great thing to do. And how lovely for the house owners to know that everything is being looked after when they’re away. :thumbs:

It’s Sunday again (it comes around so quickly doesn’t it?), and it’s time for me to say that this Black and White Challenge is CLOSED. I call upon Nagaisgich Carmel to choose her favourites. Whenever you‘re ready Carmel. :thumbs:

Here we go.

First place is for a landscape, because I don't often love a b&w landscape but I love this one with its great values ... it still looks as real as if it was in colour, and there's a story thrown in, and a great framing device of leaves. Yes, it's sdminbour:
9EE7BB64-5EBC-4143-BB2E-4320D7DA43DC.jpeg

Second place goes to TomHH for his eerie mansion... the lighting and contrast do a lot here, and the angle helps it even more.
D8B9C43C-5B1C-431A-A12D-155EB739218D.jpeg

Third Place is a "found" painting. Thanks terse for always finding something surprising.
E7B45643-3AEE-476D-B8B2-79E6AE3510AD.jpeg

I have honorable mentions again this week since there is never such as thing as only three worthy pieces :)

Kentaro Dodo sign.

terse RV parking.

dscheff Cat.

RoseCat Into the Woods

A lovey way to spend early Sunday evening. There wasn't a photo I didn't like but the challenge is meaningless if I pick everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go.

First place is for a landscape, because I don't often love a b&w landscape but I love this one with its great values ... it still looks as real as if it was in colour, and there's a story thrown in, and a great framing device of leaves. Yes, it's sdminbour: https://mobitog.com/posts/437329/

Second place goes to TomHH for his eerie mansion... the lighting and contrast do a lot here, and the angle helps it even more. https://mobitog.com/posts/437232/

Third Place is a "found" painting. Thanks terse for always finding something surprising. https://mobitog.com/posts/437192/

I have honorable mentions again this week since there is never such as thing as only three worthy pieces :)

Kentaro's dodo sign.

Terse's rv parking.

dschef's cat.

RoseCat's into the Woods

A lovey way to spend early Sunday evening. There wasn't a photo I didn't like but the challenge is meaningless if I pick everyone :)
Thank you, Carmel, for the third :notworthy: and congrats to Sandra for the win and Tom for second. Good work, everybody!

o_O
Thanks Nagaisgich
So happy !!! As there were other pics who could have won this week!!!

‘Congrats TomHH and terse for your 2nd and 3rd places. Well done !!!

I’ll have a look to all your iMages this week:)

Here we go.

First place is for a landscape, because I don't often love a b&w landscape but I love this one with its great values ... it still looks as real as if it was in colour, and there's a story thrown in, and a great framing device of leaves. Yes, it's sdminbour: https://mobitog.com/posts/437329/

Second place goes to TomHH for his eerie mansion... the lighting and contrast do a lot here, and the angle helps it even more. https://mobitog.com/posts/437232/

Third Place is a "found" painting. Thanks terse for always finding something surprising. https://mobitog.com/posts/437192/

Kentaro's dodo sign.

Terse's rv parking.

dschef's cat.

RoseCat's into the Woods

Here we go.

First place is for a landscape, because I don't often love a b&w landscape but I love this one with its great values ... it still looks as real as if it was in colour, and there's a story thrown in, and a great framing device of leaves. Yes, it's sdminbour:
View attachment 152588

Second place goes to TomHH for his eerie mansion... the lighting and contrast do a lot here, and the angle helps it even more.
View attachment 152589

Third Place is a "found" painting. Thanks terse for always finding something surprising.
View attachment 152590

Kentaro Dodo sign.

terse RV parking.

dscheff Cat.

RoseCat Into the Woods

A lovely piece of judging Carmel, but then you are an old hand at this now. :D Congratulations to sdimbour Sandra - that’s a beautifully composed image with, as Carmel says, a suggestion of a story with the two on the bench. Super. And talking of beautifully composed, well done to TomHH Tom coming in second with that great night image of Hamburg town hall. Hugs to terse Ted for his found painting. Another image that prompts the viewer to ask questions. High fives to the HMs. Wonderful work again from everyone this week. Okay - me and those two lounging about on the bench are off to The Gallery, if I can get them off it.:D

Back
Top Bottom