B&W RESULT: #157 Black & White Challenge

Nobu Hotel, Cabo
Hipsta, photos app
9296A027-F67D-4E0C-BC00-CD40D15E7D25.jpeg

It’s getting to look a lot like Christmas - only three more sleeps! :eek: Leslie’s lovely hotel of stripes brings this Black and White Challenge to a CLOSE. It’s now the job of Kevin Barrett Kevin to choose his favourites. Whenever you’re ready Kevin.:thumbs:

RESULTS: #157 Black and White Challenge

Well y'all make it pretty impossible to judge with all the talent that is brimming by the heaps here.
However, after pondering for quite awhile there were some exceptional images amongst the already
great images.

My PLATINUM 1st Place Award Goes to: terse Ted for his exceptional "Where Egrets Come From"
This was quite a mesmerizing image with hints of M.C. Escher. and Walt Disney's Fantasia. Great fluid movement
and progression throughout the frame. Quite a visual treat. His other entries were equally engaging this week,
which is why I elevated my typical GOLD to a reserved and very well deserved PLATINUM.

306A1C63-4A7D-46FD-AAE6-7B8CF002408C.jpeg

My SILVER BELL 2nd Place Award goes out to: younger Juliana’s Untitled "Merry Christmas". It is a strong reminder (to me at least ) that the holiday season isn't always that festive or happy. It can be downright lonely and even depressing for many. The subject is placed well within the
frame. What is she thinking about? The realities of another year coming to end is being reflected upon here.

The naked bulb lights add to the stark and somber mood and causes a multiple hard drop shadow effect to the "Merry Christmas" letters.
Very well seen and conveyed!

D124BCBB-1619-4D66-9924-5755907C1164.jpeg

The BRONZE STAR 3rd Place award goes out to TomHH Tom. This is an exceptionally crafted piece with wonderful tonality, clarity and
repeating compositional elements within the frame. Superbly done sir.
IMG_20191215_182747-01.jpg

My Honorable Technical Kudos award goes out to rvilhena "Moon" - Anybody that can capture the moon and maintain this level of crispiness,
and detail (with mobile device or not) has my highest admiration. Very well done.

Moon.jpg

My Honorable Composition Casserole Award goes out to lkbside Leslie's Nobu Hotel - This is a bold in your face graphic.
Absolutely love it! Thank so much for sharing.

Nobu Hotel, Cabo.jpeg

It was an absolute joy to judge this week's entries. Keep up the excellent work everyone!

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:

Well y'all make it pretty impossible to judge with all the talent that is brimming by the heaps here.
However, after pondering for quite awhile there were some exceptional images amongst the already
great images.

My PLATINUM 1st Place Award Goes to: Terse for his exceptional "Where Egrets Come From"
This was quite a mesmerizing image with hints of M.C. Escher. and Walt Disney's Fantasia. Great fluid movement
and progression throughout the frame. Quite a visual treat. His other entries were equally engaging this week,
which is why I elevated my typical GOLD to a reserved and very well deserved PLATINUM.

View attachment 152961

My SILVER BELL 2nd Place Award goes out to: Younger's Untitled "Merry Christmas". It is a strong reminder (to me at least ) that the holiday
season isn't always that festive or happy. It can be downright lonely and even depressing for many. The subject is placed well within the
frame. What is she thinking about? The realities of another year coming to end is being reflected upon here.

The naked bulb lights add to the stark and somber mood and causes a multiple hard drop shadow effect to the "Merry Christmas" letters.

View attachment 152962

The BRONZE STAR 3rd Place award goes out to TomHH. This is an exceptionally crafted piece with wonderful tonality, clarity and
View attachment 152963

My Honorable Technical Kudos award goes out to rvihena's "Moon" - Anybody that can capture the moon and maintain this level of crispiness,
and detail (with mobile device or not) has my highest admiration. Very well done.

View attachment 152964

My Honorable Composition Casserole Award goes out to Leslie's Nobu Hotel - This is a bold in your face graphic.

View attachment 152965

It was an absolute joy to judge this week's entries. Keep up the excellent work everyone!

Kevin
Lovely judging Kevin, and you even managed to get all of the images inserted too. :thumbs: Super congratulations to terse Ted - you know how much we love your egrets, and this is another fab image of them, with a great edit. High fives to younger Juliana for her second place with that really emotive image. Hugs to TomHH Tom for that lovely sharp, beautifully composed image. I wished I was there. Well done to the two HMs rvilhena and lkbside Leslie. What a week of magnificent black and whites. Right, I’m off to the Gallery with Ted’s egrets - I hope I still have eight when I get there!

great images.

My PLATINUM 1st Place Award Goes to: terse Ted for his exceptional "Where Egrets Come From"

View attachment 152961

My SILVER BELL 2nd Place Award goes out to: younger Juliana’s Untitled "Merry Christmas". It is a strong reminder (to me at least ) that the holiday season isn't always that festive or happy. It can be downright lonely and even depressing for many. The subject is placed well within the

View attachment 152962

The BRONZE STAR 3rd Place award goes out to TomHH Tom. This is an exceptionally crafted piece with wonderful tonality, clarity and
View attachment 152963

My Honorable Technical Kudos award goes out to rvilhena "Moon" - Anybody that can capture the moon and maintain this level of crispiness,

View attachment 152964

My Honorable Composition Casserole Award goes out to lkbside Leslie's Nobu Hotel - This is a bold in your face graphic.

View attachment 152965

Kevin
Congrats to all the winners! Beautiful art from everyone!

great images.

View attachment 152961

View attachment 152962

View attachment 152963

View attachment 152964

View attachment 152965

Kevin
What a wonderful and thoughtful wrap-up, Kevin! Loved the names of the awards. :D

Super congrats, terse Ted! Well deserved... such a gorgeous image, and with the title added it created magic. :inlove:

High fives to younger Juliana, TomHH for placing - beautiful images! And a hearty gust pump for rvilhena & lkbside Leslie!

great images.

View attachment 152961

View attachment 152962

View attachment 152963

View attachment 152964

View attachment 152965

Kevin
Thanks! :inlove:
beautiful photos indeed, congratulations terse! I didn’t have the chance to see your image before judgment day lol, but it is indeed beautiful, eye-catching and very creative!

Back
Top Bottom