B&W RESULT: #158 Black & White Challenge Ends 5th January 2020

The deadening effects of repetition.
Makes sense really. It would be a slow day if all 7 billion people in the world spent half the day marvelling at being able to walk, talk and be continent. You have to move on at some point.

trudging (mute) toward incontinence . . .

View attachment 153179
“Don’t fear the future. Leave your past behind”

Great capture! That continuity of cat into shadow (and the angle of light to transform those ears so o_O) , nottomention the contrasts of dark/light smooth/textured — just magic :inlove: That would be a keeper for me: frames, lighting, special place on the wall — the whole works :)

I found the image (and your title) a bit moving because our beloved black cat is letting us know he’s nearly ready to leave this world behind. Great [obviously mixed] blessing to have that time to be very mindful of the many beautiful moments, visual and otherwise, for us to keep :hearteyecat:

Love to. I didn’t do much. I give credit to the weather near the ocean! Here is the original shot I took while standing in the doorway (through the glass!)and my partner was outside. I cropped it and then went into iColorama to add texture. I can’t remember which texture.
View attachment 153736

I like this as much as the iColorama version. Maybe even more, because the verticals of your partner and the window/door(?) frame invite me to take in those gorgeous layered horizontals of shadow, snow, water (are you that close to the ocean??) and sky.

Both versions are glossy coffee table photography magazine worthy, in my view :inlove:

This extended challenge is now CLOSED. It’s taken us through Christmas and New Year celebrations into the next decade! And who better to start off the judging in this new year/next decade than terse Ted! Whenever you feel up to it Ted. :thumbs:

I like this as much as the iColorama version. Maybe even more, because the verticals of your partner and the window/door(?) frame invite me to take in those gorgeous layered horizontals of shadow, snow, water (are you that close to the ocean??) and sky.

Both versions are glossy coffee table photography magazine worthy, in my view

Both versions are glossy coffee table photography magazine worthy, in my view :inlove:

Magazine worthy... So nice of you to say that, a lovely start to my day :)

I was on vacation and yes very close to the ocean. I also got winter beach shots :)

This extended challenge is now CLOSED. It’s taken us through Christmas and New Year celebrations into the next decade! And who better to start off the judging in this new year/next decade than terse Ted! Whenever you feel up to it Ted. :thumbs:

Didn’t terse tell us he & Lorraine were hosting a twelve-guest Christmas dinner? He might be lying on the floor somewhere with his legs in the air. Or his head in a large V&T or something:D

It took me a while this time, not only because we had two weeks of great photos but also because I had to stop every 30 seconds to blow my nose so that I can breathe.

First goes to Nagaisgich for "Christmas morning"

ca0fcaad-91d3-4ec2-b7b6-734658a4935b-jpeg.153230

which also makes a good pair with "Intrepid photog in the snow."

A very close second goes to Glasshousebc for "Bandon Beach, Oregon Coast"

27c6fc42-181c-4ff6-8a19-4cb06004260a-jpeg.153496

And see also his "A walk in the woods."

Third goes to GroovyGouvy for "The Girl"

d2c45f42-572b-4484-940d-0894cf8b6627-jpeg.153650

Honorable Mentions to NickLeon's photos of Dante Marioni's blown glass, sdimbour's "I see you," tomklyn's "Christmas Day," younger's Joana, and all the MobiTog cats.

It took me a while this time, not only because we had two weeks of great photos but also because I had to stop every 30 seconds to blow my nose so that I can breathe.

Honorable Mentions to NickLeon's photos of Dante Marioni's blown glass, sdimbour's "I see you," tomklyn's "Christmas Day," younger's Joana, and all the MobiTog cats.
Great judging Ted, under extreme conditions by the sounds of it. Do you have a cold? Super congratulations to Nagaisgich Carmel - that is a wonderful image. You’re very lucky to have someone in your life who is happy to be photographed and who is so photogenic. High fives to Glasshousebc Steve for that beautiful pano. Gorgeous. And coming in third with that brilliant photo of the little girl staring at a screen is GroovyGouvy Gouvy - great job. Fist bumps to the HMs and everyone who posted for the last two weeks, I imagine that Ted’s job was made all the harder because of the high standard of entries. Okay, me and Carmel’s muse are off to the Gallery. On the stroll down, I’ll try to explain to her all about Mobitog and its little idiosyncrasies. That may take some time!

Great judging Ted, under extreme conditions by the sounds of it. Do you have a cold? Super congratulations to Nagaisgich Carmel - that is a wonderful image. You’re very lucky to have someone in your life who is happy to be photographed and who is so photogenic. High fives to Glasshousebc Steve for that beautiful pano. Gorgeous. And coming in third with that brilliant photo of the little girl staring at a screen is GroovyGouvy Gouvy - great job. Fist bumps to the HMs and everyone who posted for the last two weeks, I imagine that Ted’s job was made all the harder because of the high standard of entries. Okay, me and Carmel’s muse are off to the Gallery. On the stroll down, I’ll try to explain to her all about Mobitog and its little idiosyncrasies. That may take some time!

[/QUOTE]
Congrats groovygouvy and glasshouse !!! Honoured to be in your company. Congrats to HMs!
I love this b&w thread, images are amazing time after time :)

Be careful with my muse. Oh and she likes chips and dip if you want to feed her once in a while.

Thank you, Ted... your comments meant a lot... great judging and congratulations to Nagaisgich for that beautiful capture... well done to those featured, there were some incredible photos... that was a great challenge

Last edited by a moderator:

Get well soon,terse!
Thanks for my third :notworthy: Congrats to the winners Nagaisgich and Glasshousebc and big applause to the bunch of HMers. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom