B&W RESULT: #160 Black & White Challenge

That table and chair set has been in the family since the early 70s.
I was custodian of a set like that for a couple of years in the 70s -- two of the arm chairs and a larger version of the round table. It was practically the only furniture in the flat at the time, so it made quite a statement. More comfortable for sitting than you might think.

Maybe .... hmmm
I think some of the Cricut cutters that crafters love also cut fabric (as well as vinyl and other materials). If there's a model that can cut pieces as large as she needs, it'd probably be a more practical and cheaper way to go. (Lorraine was making various kinds of wearable art for a while with applique and machine embroidery, so I got an introduction to computerized sewing machines, pattern design & download software, and other neat stuff crafters have these days.)

Awesome! Great shot!
Wonderful reflections. I thought at first that it was a pencil, but now I see it was a cigarette.
Thanks, girls. Yes, the reflections drew me into it on the way to work and made me stop for the shot. It’s the only picture I’ve taken today, so you’ll find the colour version in my 366 in some minutes. :)

The Thinker. In the morning in pajamas. View attachment 154104

Tried several ways to convert including a grainy film style but this is just a basic conversion in the end.
Tulip chairs!!! Love, love, love! Some 50’s design that will probably never be out of date. Like Eames’ ball- and eggchairs the Eero Saarinen design is immoral. :love:

Interested in heights.
20200114_184303-02.jpeg

Edit.....
I've re-done this. It's a de and I'd done poorly the first time. Two pics of the same scene, one focused on the cat and one on the light. De'd to try and balance the lighting on both elements.

Last edited:
My partner sews. If you want to call it that. She hates pinning patterns to cloth and cutting around them but yeah, she does make things with the machine and some cloth.
I’m with her. I’m working on free motion embroidery, but ultimately I’d like to repurpose used clothes......and things. I have a sort of slap together and sew technique in mind.

I'd love to see if the colour version makes the ripped poster stand out more.
I reedited the b&w, it was all a bit too dark and works much better now I think.
Here's the colour for reference. No edit.
20200115_121829.jpg

The white balance of the original image is out on this for me. Although the white displays as white the facial tones are too red and I corrected this before covering to b&w (probably pointlessly as I didn't use a colour filter.)

I reedited the b&w, it was all a bit too dark and works much better now I think.
Here's the colour for reference. No edit.
View attachment 154142
The white balance of the original image is out on this for me. Although the white displays as white the facial tones are too red and I corrected this before covering to b&w (probably pointlessly as I didn't use a colour filter.)
I think it was well worth the re-visit

Back
Top Bottom