B&W RESULT: #160 Black & White Challenge

And of course Jilly is quite right, Mobifolks have given us a dazzling display of black and whites yet again this week. Making my job very difficult but still a pleasure.

13 individuals, 26 images if I've counted right, cats, egrets, fish, reflections, humans, non humans, landscapes and still lives.
Seriously there isn't an image I don't like this week and when I've been honoured with this task before I usually keep an eye on things and have a winner in mind as the week goes on. Not this week, there isn't a duff image in there.

To pick a winner then.

The image I like best this week is................Sandra's sdimbour View from La Chapelle Metro Station. Love the blur on the train front, love the people caught in the mirror, suberb image all round.

A very close joint second, rizole's Emin'ish decorators image. Fascinating how an everyday scene can look so dramatic and well, poetic somehow.

And Ted's Ghost Fish

Like a dream of a fish, a ghostly fish dream.

HM's to all cats, egrets and landscapes. Well done one and all.
Well done John, it must have been a teaser to pick a winner this week, but when I saw Sandra’s blurred train with that wonderful vignette in the mirror, I thought it had your name written all over it. Super congratulations to sdimbour Sandra - I thought all three of your submissions were fab, with your usual eye for composition. High fives to rizole Rizole and terse Ted for their joint seconds. They were both so different, but both super images. Everyone who posted stepped up a gear this week - super job. I hope it can continue. :lol: Okay, this week I’m taking the train to the Gallery. All aboard! Tickets please.

Last edited:
waoww !!! thanks sinnerjohn for making me the winner this week. So happy!!!

congrats rizole and terse for your 2nd and 3rd place. Great images!!!

I’m really happy to be the judge for next week challenge :inlove:

And of course Jilly is quite right, Mobifolks have given us a dazzling display of black and whites yet again this week. Making my job very difficult but still a pleasure.

13 individuals, 26 images if I've counted right, cats, egrets, fish, reflections, humans, non humans, landscapes and still lives.
Seriously there isn't an image I don't like this week and when I've been honoured with this task before I usually keep an eye on things and have a winner in mind as the week goes on. Not this week, there isn't a duff image in there.

To pick a winner then.

The image I like best this week is................Sandra's sdimbour View from La Chapelle Metro Station. Love the blur on the train front, love the people caught in the mirror, suberb image all round.

A very close joint second, rizole's Emin'ish decorators image. Fascinating how an everyday scene can look so dramatic and well, poetic somehow.

And Ted's Ghost Fish

If anyone can write me a tutorial on how to insert images into a thread I'd be very grateful. After 5 years it still baffles the life out of me :(
Well, firstly you have to save the particular image to your camera roll. Click on it and it should appear in another screen. If holding your finger on it doesn’t work, click on the square with an arrow top right. This will take you to another screen where you can hold your finger on it and it’ll ask you what you want to do. Save it to your camera roll and insert it in your post like you would with your own images. At least, that’s what I do. Then I delete the image/s from my camera roll.

Well, well, it's getting harder and harder! :D There shall be one who says "descent shots won't work with mobiles!" - a liar!
Congrats to Sandra sdimbour, Rizole rizole and Ted terse!
To all starters, newbies or alike - join in! It's fun and interesting to see what others do. We don't judge good or bad - bad is when you don't shoot & show! ;)
I couldn’t have said it better! :thumbs:

Well, firstly you have to save the particular image to your camera roll. Click on it and it should appear in another screen. If holding your finger on it doesn’t work, click on the square with an arrow top right. This will take you to another screen where you can hold your finger on it and it’ll ask you what you want to do. Save it to your camera roll and insert it in your post like you would with your own images. At least, that’s what I do. Then I delete the image/s from my camera roll.
I did try that the last time but then MobiTog said I could only post 2 images in a thread :confused:

Exactly how I do it. I’ve copied and pasted, too, but that’s still in it’s experimental stage.

To pick a winner then.

The image I like best this week is................
View attachment 154328
Sandra's sdimbour View from La Chapelle Metro Station. Love the blur on the train front, love the people caught in the mirror, suberb image all round.

And Ted's Ghost Fish

Beautiful choices. Well done everyone!

sinnerjohn John, to insert an image into a post do the following:
- click on image
- in the next view (whole image) do a right click and choose 'copy image address'
- now choose the the little rectangle icon 'insert image' (or cmd-P on OS X)
- select the link symbol and insert the copied link
Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 00.13.35.png

- click on image
- in the next view (whole image) do a right click and choose 'copy image address'
View attachment 154335
What Tom said. Or open the image in a new tab/window, copy the URL from the browser address field, and then follow the rest of his instructions.
Yep!

To pick a winner then.

View attachment 154328
Sandra's sdimbour View from La Chapelle Metro Station. Love the blur on the train front, love the people caught in the mirror, suberb image all round.

And Ted's Ghost Fish

I didn’t envy you this week. Another awesome crop of entries. Congratulations everyone. Well done!

Exactly how I do it. I’ve copied and pasted, too, but that’s still in it’s experimental stage.
- click on image
View attachment 154335
What Tom said. Or open the image in a new tab/window, copy the URL from the browser address field, and then follow the rest of his instructions.
Many thanks for all chipping in folks. In the past I've either copied and pasted, like Starzee, which is where I ran into the not being able to post more than two images in a thread, or I've physically copied the image to my hard drive and then uploaded it from there.
I assumed there was an easier way, although I did try to copy the url but it posted a weird mobitog logo thingy :eek:

To pick a winner then.

View attachment 154328

And Ted's Ghost Fish

Congrats sdimbour Sandra!! Well done!
High fives to rizole and terse Ted!!

If anyone can write me a tutorial on how to insert images into a thread I'd be very grateful. After 5 years it still baffles the life out of me :(
That’s exactly how I used to do it, but with our New & Improved Handy Dandy website, we can now tap an image, then tap this symbol at the top:

1579539392551.png

Then tap this symbol at the bottom and then choose Copy:

1579539462238.png

and simply paste the image into the body of the post. That’s how I created this post. So easy peasy!!

Hmmm this is from an iphone I guess, that second symbol doesn't appear on an Android or PC, unless I'm being really thick :lol:
Hmmm... but there must be a way to copy a photo... tap around, or maybe you just press/hold an image? Once you’re able to copy it, you can then paste it.

Back
Top Bottom