• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

B&W RESULT: #162 Black & White Challenge

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Ah, in large view there is something wrong around the statues nose. The Pixels portrait mode messed it up.
Same happens to me with iPhone portrait mode. So often most of it is right on, but there's still one area where it fails. I've tried editing the depth map with various apps to fix it, but I've never been very successful.

TomHH

MobiPassionista
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Tom
Device
Pixel
I had already several tries, even with difficult subjects like hair and it did amazingly well, but sometimes it misses the spot. Maybe AI had not enough practice with this kind of object. ;)

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
Hide and seek.
Enlight and darkroom.
8A9AC535-180D-4D14-A8EE-BB72A09873EE.jpeg

I didn’t take the picture, found it on the ipad. It’s some random art students experimenting in a corridor. I figure as you can’t see a face it’s fine to appropriate for my own experiments.

Last edited:

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Hide and seek.
Enlight and darkroom.
View attachment 154584
I didn’t take the picture, found it on the ipad. It’s some random art students experimenting in a corridor. I figure as you can’t see a face it’s fine to appropriate for my own experiments.
very dark, I like it. although I'll mark you down for it not being your own picture ;)

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Hide and seek.
Enlight and darkroom.
View attachment 154584
you're having a great old time with that ipad !

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
The original b&w created equal clarity across the board. I like how the arty one sends the stairs and houses into background.
Same. I like both images: and particularly like the depth in the arty version.