• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

B&W RESULT: #162 Black & White Challenge

Nagaisgich

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Carmel
Device
iPhone 7
Three or four images ... masked, superimposed, then desaturated. I didn’t mess with b&w filters since I loved the tones as blended in SuperimposeX.
Don’t ask me what the story is... it told itself.

2C99CCDC-7998-42FE-900A-E7FA11BB0738.jpeg

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
Snapseed. Hammered saturation, ambience, detail and HDR. 4 double exposures with pics I ignored the copyright details on borrowed from a general image search (although i belive nasa have quite a liberal license on their images).
Then two conversions to black and white, one with a yellow filter, one with a blue. Lastly a double exposure of the two with selective masking of each to bring out the detail.
20200131_145911-01-01-01-02.jpeg

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
View attachment 154732

King’s Cross metro station portrait London - England

iPhone XS and Snapseed
Love the way the curves and shapes of the woman are echoed in and on the walls and the strong leading lines of the sign and text add a nice accent to it. Great capture.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
It’s that time of the week again (I can’t believe it’s Sunday already AND that it’s the 2nd of February!!!!). This challenge is now CLOSED and I ask terse Ted to choose his favourites. Over to you Ted.

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
First goes to younger for her untitled photo that I think of as "The Time Tunnel," a great capture of moment and mood.

Second goes to Nagaisgich for "Three or four images" (although her "November bonfire" was also a contender for this slot). I really enjoy seeing b/w images that are constructed or assembled rather than simply recorded.

Third goes to TomHH for "Victor & Raquel," a beautiful study in monochrome tones. See the color version for an interesting demo of how colors translate to b/w.

Honorable Mentions go to RoseCat for "This is George," JillyG for "A Split in the Wood," and gwphotos73 for "Billy Idol."

Nagaisgich

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Carmel
Device
iPhone 7
First goes to younger for her untitled photo that I think of as "The Time Tunnel," a great capture of moment and mood.

Second goes to Nagaisgich for "Three or four images" (although her "November bonfire" was also a contender for this slot). I really enjoy seeing b/w images that are constructed or assembled rather than simply recorded.

Third goes to TomHH for "Victor & Raquel," a beautiful study in monochrome tones. See the color version for an interesting demo of how colors translate to b/w.

Honorable Mentions go to RoseCat for "This is George," JillyG for "A Split in the Wood," and gwphotos73 for "Billy Idol."
I’m honoured to place so close to “Victor and Rachel” since I love it so much! And I’m jealous of toddler action shots! Amazed I came second after that! Congrats to everyone.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

Fabulous wrap up! Love all your choices... they could all easily have won first place. :inlove: Congrats younger Juliana!! Well done!
High fives to placers Nagaisgich Carmel & TomHH - beautiful images. I am very happy to share my HM with JillyG and gwphotos73... thanks ted! :D

TomHH

MobiPassionista
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Tom
Device
Pixel
Puuh, I'm glad not to be first! Weird - isn't it? I don't like judging - especially in arts! :) But still I'm glad that you like my shot.
Congrats to younger Juliana & Nagaisgich Carmel - was my pleasure to be beaten by you! :) And of course my respect to all other members who took part in this round.