B&W RESULT: #163 Black & White Challenge

The Living and the Dead
05A3B0A7-A07B-4EF1-AC9C-B1A80A118B0B.jpeg

Chromatica, Carbon, Snapseed, Vodka

Well, it’s wild and windy here in the UK this morning, with Storm Ciara battering most of the country. I hope all is calm where you are. Thomas’s serene image Music Time brings this particular Black and White Challenge to a CLOSE and I ask younger Juliana to choose her favourites. Whenever you have time Juliana.:thumbs:

Lovely Greg. Where is this? It seems familiar somehow. And welcome to Mobitog. Lovely to have you here. I wonder if you’d like to introduce yourself to a wider audience, and then you’ll get some more info on the site, how to navigate around it and what happens and why. :D You can do that here: https://mobitog.com/forums/welcome.2/post-thread
Thanks Jilly. I’ll check that thread out.

Ok ok ok! Here we are again!

There were very lovely photos and I changed my mind a few times as they came through. In the end I decided on the winner, but as you all know, this is very hard! Let’s put it that way, if I were out shopping for pictures, I would be considerably poorer :D but since I’m FORCED to choose, here’s how it ended like:

3rd goes to terse ”day of the dead”. It’s a beautiful image that captures not only a very busy and lively moment, but also the look on the lady’s face is endearing. It was my first for a long time, and if it could be a tie, all 3 of you would be in the 1st place together!
1581327637609.jpeg

2nd goes to deepop “different drummer”. I loved the creativity and the end result is amazing. If you didn’t know that the Opera House was not lost in the middle of the ocean, you would think it was a real shot! :p Congrats!
1581327480997.jpeg

1st goes to rizole “no king”. There are so many stories in this photo, so many hidden characters... the black and white makes it talk even louder to me. Congrats!
1581327555190.jpeg

Thanks everyone! Good luck, rizole!

I’ll post this and will try to back for photos. As I said in a thread before, of course I forgot how to attach the photos. Hang in there :D

They’re all there, sure I did it the hardest way possible, but it worked!
I was going to write something else but I forgot what!

Oh yeah, remembered. Stay safe and hopefully the rain and wind wasn’t too damaging over there. It’s been raining cats and dogs here over the past few days, and now some areas are flooding :alien: Feels like we can never win!

Last edited:

There were very lovely photos and I changed my mind a few times as they came through. In the end I decided on the winner, but as you all know, this is very hard! Let’s put it that way, if I were out shopping for pictures, I would be considerably poorer :D but since I’m FORCED to choose, here’s how it ended like:

3rd goes to terse ”day of the dead”. It’s a beautiful image that captures not only a very busy and lively moment, but also the look on the lady’s face is endearing. It was my first for a long time, and if it could be a tie, all 3 of you would be in the 1st place together!
View attachment 155077
2nd goes to deepop “different drummer”. I loved the creativity and the end result is amazing. If you didn’t know that the Opera House was not lost in the middle of the ocean, you would think it was a real shot! :p Congrats!
View attachment 155075

1st goes to rizole “no king”. There are so many stories in this photo, so many hidden characters... the black and white makes it talk even louder to me. Congrats!
View attachment 155076

I’ll post this and will try to back for photos. As I said in a thread before, of course I forgot how to attach the photos. Hang in there :D

Oh yeah, remembered. Stay safe and hopefully the rain and wind wasn’t too damaging over there. It’s been raining cats and dogs here over the past few days, and now some areas are flooding :alien: Feels like we can never win!
Just awesome pics this week. Great judging Juliana! Well done, Ted. Loved that image - jam packed with so much to see and yet beautifully balanced. And what a clever pic, David. Don’t know how you managed to find that angle. And Rizole, well... king of urban grunge!

View attachment 155077
View attachment 155075

View attachment 155076
Thanks for judging, Juliana. Never an easy task. Congrats to rizole and terse. Thanks also for the second place.

View attachment 155077
View attachment 155075

View attachment 155076

Well done to our esteemed judge and the amazing winners!

View attachment 155077
View attachment 155075

View attachment 155076

Thanks, Juliana. I'm happy you liked that moment; it's a favorite of mine, too. Congrats to rizole and deepop and well done everyone!

View attachment 155077
View attachment 155075

View attachment 155076

Thank you Juliana for a lovely piece of judging. Super congratulations to rizole Rizole for that wonderful image - I wish I had the skill to write the book that would be inspired by this image! Big hugs to deepop David and terse Ted (wouldn’t that be a great team hug :lol: ) for second and third respectively. David’s frame within a frame is so well seen, and it’s all going on in Ted’s make up room. I’m glad I’m not painting the face with the beard.:D It was another wonderful week. I’m now off to the gallery with Rizole’s street. Dun. Thin. Sin. Lea. Pee. Tal. etc etc:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom