B&W RESULT: #170 Black & White Challenge

C7C4D7A5-E8EF-4485-A969-8CB446261C85.jpeg

Ghost birds
iColorama

The posts are like people who are social distancing. Love it.
After about 3 weeks staying mostly at home we had to go out to get some physical practice. And as we expected a lot of people to do so because of the nice weather, we choose an area we would be on our own.
Despite of great nature including rabbits and cranes we had nature simply for us.
Grabbed a bench, had some tea and sandwiches. No sound of cars or civilization - just amazing.

After about 3 weeks staying mostly at home we had to go out to get some physical practice. And as we expected a lot of people to do so because of the nice weather, we choose an area we would be on our own.
Despite of great nature including rabbits and cranes we had nature simply for us.
Grabbed a bench, had some tea and sandwiches. No sound of cars or civilization - just amazing.
Sounds lovely. Recharging your batteries. :thumbs:

Little rays of sunshine, shining on your little rays of sunshine.

we live in Iowa and it’s one of the states that hasn’t issued a stay at home order nothing has really changed besides school shut down till the end of the month me and the wife still have to work

Last edited by a moderator:
we live in Iowa and it’s one of the states that hasn’t issued a stay at home order nothing has really changed besides school shit down till the end of the month me and the wife still have to work
Really? It‘s difficult for us here in the UK to comprehend that not everyone is confined to their local area.

Really? It‘s difficult for us here in the UK to comprehend that not everyone is confined to their local area.
most places are shut down i did work everyday last week my wife only worked 3 days our orders are down since im still stuck on 1st shift for the month this country is so big most states have stay at home orders in place but out silly president is leaving that choice up the the state governors

we live in Iowa and it’s one of the states that hasn’t issued a stay at home order nothing has really changed besides school shut down till the end of the month me and the wife still have to work
That is just crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

It’s a beautiful morning here in the UK, and it’s going to be a lovely warm day. I wonder what it’s like in Paris? sdimbour Sandra, perhaps you can tell us when you’re judging this challenge. Whenever you’re ready. :thumbs:

Hi everyone,

first of all, I hope everyone’s fine.

As always, I had a lot of pleasure watching your pics. It was difficult for me to choose my favorites.

Here are my choices :

HM for TomHH for « staring at the sea », Glasshousebc with « caugh in the act... », terse with « ghost birds » And NickLeon with « the Line is clear... ».

3rd place to JillyG for « sunflower ». Great details... Love this. Well done!

BF4F9068-2389-4A3E-8E21-4C836294664E.png

2nd place to Jef for « End of shift ». Love the point of view and the atmosphere. Well done!

BD58F318-2314-45C5-995C-0ACCA26D8CA1.png

And the winner of this week challenge is rizole with « Horsehold ». Love the contrast, the atmosphere, the details. Great pic. Congratulations !!! :)

4103260F-B7D9-4DAE-AE95-469EE6C8916A.png

Wish you all a nice and safe week.

Hi everyone,

first of all, I hope everyone’s fine.

As always, I had a lot of pleasure watching your pics. It was difficult for me to choose my favorites.

Here are my choices :

HM for TomHH for « staring at the sea », Glasshousebc with « caugh in the act... », terse with « ghost birds » And NickLeon with « the Line is clear... ».

3rd place to JillyG for « sunflower ». Great details... Love this. Well done!

View attachment 156565

2nd place to Jef for « End of shift ». Love the point of view and the atmosphere. Well done!

View attachment 156563

And the winner of this week challenge is rizole with « Horsehold ». Love the contrast, the atmosphere, the details. Great pic. Congratulations !!! :)

View attachment 156564

Wish you all a nice and safe week.
Thank you Sandra for that fine piece of judging. Congratulations to rizole Rizole - that’s another of your lovely rural landscape black and whites. Well done to Jef Jef - that’s a very poignant image. And thank you very much for my third - I’m honoured. :notworthy: High fives to the HMs. Another great week of lovely black and whites has come and gone. Here’s to the next one! I’m now off to The Gallery with Rizole‘s Horsehold.

Last edited:
To say it with the words from Highlander: "There can only be one!" Congrats rizole Rizole! What an amazing shot!

Jef Impressive shot! We need more of those. Congrats!

JillyG Jilly congrats for this sunflower which had its best time already but still impressive in this state!

And HMs to everyone who took part in the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom