B&W RESULT: #175 Black & White Challenge

So sorry I’ve been MIA this week (or has it been longer?? :eek: ) To say my week was stressful is an understatement... my tiny house was delivered, water, propane and electricity hooked up with several snafus, some not so bad, others extremely stressful. But, I’m 90% unpacked and organized, with just a handful of knick knacks to hang on the walls. <high five> I’m having some resistance to putting any holes in my beautiful new ship lap walls though... I may buy the sticky hooks instead, although I’ve never used them on a wood surface, only plaster.

I’m currently sitting outside under a big beautiful tree, listening to birds and a nearby rooster, accompanied by my wind chimes which are hanging in the tree branches. Finnegan, the sweet ginger barn cat is keeping me company. (FYI my friend was calling him OK, for Orange Kitty. :barf: That did NOT roll off the tongue, so he’s now called Finnegan. :smirkcat:)

Okay, well, enough blathering on. :oops: Ive got done judging to attend to.... BRB!
Can we have a clue what the new home looks like? I’m intrigued.

After scrolling through the thread several times, I kept coming back to this image... although there were many other images that had better lighting, contrast, etc, this composition really resonated with me... maybe because of the week I experienced? There’s something that feels almost poignant to me in this image.

Congrats rizole !! :

1590339360330.png

Kudos and fist bumps to second runners up:

ImageArt Ann with “Ye Olde Farm Equipment” (beautiful light!), Starzee Star’s “Finally Flowers” (just love the edit), sdimbour Sandra’s “The empty building :) L’Hospitalet - Barèges” (how I want to explore inside that building!), sinnerjohn John’s “First of the year” (sort of the dark to Star’s light... yin/yang... beautiful!), terse Ted’s “Retired” (this was a close second to Riz’s image... love it!), and TomHH Tom’s “Low tide mud” (minimal composition and what gorgeous, rich tones!)

After scrolling through the thread several times, I kept coming back to this image... although there were many other images that had better lighting, contrast, etc, this composition really resonated with me... maybe because of the week I experienced? There’s something that feels almost poignant to me in this image.

Congrats rizole !! :

View attachment 157823

ImageArt Ann with “Ye Olde Farm Equipment” (beautiful light!), Starzee Star’s “Finally Flowers” (just love the edit), sdimbour Sandra’s “The empty building :) L’Hospitalet - Barèges” (how I want to explore inside that building!), sinnerjohn John’s “First of the year” (sort of the dark to Star’s light... yin/yang... beautiful!), terse Ted’s “Retired” (this was a close second to Riz’s image... love it!), and TomHH Tom’s “Low tide mud” (minimal composition and what gorgeous, rich tones!)
Maybe the poignancy you sensed was my disapointment coming through in the image at finding the sink filled with cold, dirty water and unfinished washing when I wanted to use it. :( :barf:
Still, on the upside, thank you for my win :D. I don't think I'll need that desensitisation appointment tomorrow thank you zenjenny. Crisis averted.
Well done ImageArt, Starzee, sdimbour, sinnerjohn, terse and TomHH.

Uhhh, Cat. I couldn't choose rizole pic for winner - because of reminding me of the daily work! :lmao: Besides my sick thoughts it has a gorgeous angle of view - very well done, Rizole!
Congrats to ImageArt Ann's farm equipment - it's so calm and you calm down of any stress by simply watching it. Starzee Star's blooming explosion ;), and of course all other joined this challenge.

Congrats rizole !! :

View attachment 157823

thanks RoseCat and big congrats rizole :notworthy:

Congrats rizole !! :

View attachment 157823

Ooops, a bit late to the party, but thank you very much RoseCat Catherine for the excellent judging. Congratulations to rizole - a kitchen sink drama if ever there was one! Marvellous. Group hugs (and it’s a big group) to ImageArt Ann, Starzee Star, sdimbour Sandra, sinnerjohn John, terse Ted and TomHH Tom - fabulous images, every one! I carefully carried Rizole’s washing up bowl down to the Gallery - but not that carefully apparently, so just follow the splodges on the lino and you’ll get there. Alternatively, click here and see all of the amazing black and white winners too.

Congrats rizole !! :

View attachment 157823

I love that image! Congrats Rizole and everyone. Thanks for my mention!

Congrats rizole !! :

View attachment 157823

Well done, Rizole! And thanks for my second. In great company! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom