B&W RESULT: #177 Black & White Challenge

Not late at all. We’ve got another week to go. What’s been the matter?
Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. (ABPA) There's something fungal and different in our composting processing, or something different in our processing of compost this year that's triggered and ramped up my underlying crappy autoimmune response. Knocked me for six and then some.

I still feel lucky even with how bad it's hit me this week. Some people who get it suffer a range of problems ranging from (me) an occasional bad episode, to a life time of management with steroids and antifungals (and loads of other drugs to control the side effects) to fungal growths in the brain that kill you in a couple of months.

And of course it could be worse. I could get run over by a bus. :rolleyes:

Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. (ABPA) There's something fungal and different in our composting processing, or something different in our processing of compost this year that's triggered and ramped up my underlying crappy autoimmune response. Knocked me for six and then some.

I still feel lucky even with how bad it's hit me this week. Some people who get it suffer a range of problems ranging from (me) an occasional bad episode, to a life time of management with steroids and antifungals (and loads of other drugs to control the side effects) to fungal growths in the brain that kill you in a couple of months.

I had never heard of ABPA before, so of course had to go and look it up. It’s unbelievable how easy it’s “caught” and then how difficult it is to cure it. And fungus (i) is everywhere, so it’s impossible to get away from it. How awful for you, and your family. :( But I admire you for looking on the bright side - as if you’d get run over by a bus!:smirk:

I had never heard of ABPA before, so of course had to go and look it up. It’s unbelievable how easy it’s “caught” and then how difficult it is to cure it. And fungus (i) is everywhere, so it’s impossible to get away from it. How awful for you, and your family. :( But I admire you for looking on the bright side - as if you’d get run over by a bus!:smirk:
No, I am very lucky. Knowing what it is means I can normally avoid situations that can trigger the problem. I go years between episodes.
Plus it's a mild condition for me. Compared to others less fortunate, it's like being hit by a bus and only breaking a nail. :feet:

Poor B&W shooting this week for me, so I have to recycle... ;)
IMG_20200531_204100-01-01.jpeg

Okay, there are so many emojis I went through reading this... I’ll just put them in order.

:grimacing::frowning::eek::screamcat::flushed::lmao::rolleyes:

Glad you’re feeling better. xo

Back
Top Bottom