B&W RESULT: #178 Black & White Challenge 14th to 27th June

On the water.
20200623_202633-01.jpeg
20200623_202745-01.jpeg

Wonderful effect in the first one as it rolls from realism at the top to impressionism at the bottom. Did it also work in color or better in b/w?
Better in b&w I think.
Here it is unedited. It needs, imo, a telephoto lens.
Time I stopped prevaricating I think and got a new phone I can add a rational lensing system to.

20200623_202633.jpg

I now pronounce this Black and White Challenge CLOSED. Over to you rizole Rizole for your pronouncements. :thumbs:

As always a great set of pics.

Hm's to younger for Empty and tomklyn for Little Paint Creek in Little Paint Campground Yellow River State Forest Harpers Ferry Iowa.

Our third place this week goes to terse for his prolific range of pics. My fav is Foggy lagoon 2. I like the composition, proportions and sense of space in this one. Grandpa liked to watch the trains go by is fun too.

Second comes NickLeon for Glastonbury High Street four years ago. It's two pictures in one, both equally clear and who doesn't like looking forward and backward at the same time. The writing in the reflection is the right way round so the pic has to have been flipped. And I just noticed the shop name is a pun too so there's lots going for this pic.

Our winner this week is sdimbour. With a range of excellent pics my highlights are Dutch landscape (great comp, detail, texture, lines) and Love cheese because, well cheese! And also simplicity, repetition, shapes, a pleasing gradient through the cheese, yummy!
The standout pic for me is Ruined art castle.
43632841-6B94-4520-B75A-D17F3A412968.jpeg

A beautiful image. Well composed, nice tones, wreckage, lines, texture, the face really adds something and I find my eyes keep wanting to jump around and take it all in without really coming to rest on any one detail. Wish I'd taken this. Well done.

Hm's to younger for Empty and tomklyn for Little Paint Creek in Little Paint Campground Yellow River State Forest Harpers Ferry Iowa.

Our third place this week goes to terse for his prolific range of pics. My fav is Foggy lagoon 2. I like the composition, proportions and sense of space in this one. Grandpa liked to watch the trains go by is fun too.

Second comes NickLeon for Glastonbury High Street four years ago. It's two pictures in one, both equally clear and who doesn't like looking forward and backward at the same time. The writing in the reflection is the right way round so the pic has to have been flipped. And I just noticed the shop name is a pun too so there's lots going for this pic.

Our winner this week is sdimbour. With a range of excellent pics my highlights are Dutch landscape (great comp, detail, texture, lines) and Love cheese because, well cheese! And also simplicity, repetition, shapes, a pleasing gradient through the cheese, yummy!
View attachment 158708

A beautiful image. Well composed, nice tones, wreckage, lines, texture, the face really adds something and I find my eyes keep wanting to jump around and take it all in without really coming to rest on any one detail. Wish I'd taken this. Well done.
Great work Rizole, and I think you should get an honourable mention for all those marvellous black and whites that you posted, despite being the judge. Congratulations to sdimbour Sandra - that is a wonderful image. Did you need a hard hat to take it? :lol: There will be several members itching to get into this chateau to take some photos. It looks like an amazing place. Big hugs to @NickLeonNick and terse Ted for second and third respectively. And high fives to the HMs. Thank you to everyone that posted and commented, despite all of the trials and tribulations of the current situation. Right, I’m off to the Gallery with Sandra’s crumbling castle.

View attachment 158708

Thanks for my third :notworthy: and major applause for Sandra and Nick. Well done!

Many thanks for the mention - I must take a look at my back catalogue again. .. Congrats to Sandra and Terse of course, but as I have said before there are some lovely photos every time here and the standard just keeps getting better. On a couple of occasions I have been lucky enough to win and have found it so difficult to judge the following competition.

View attachment 158708

Thanks for the HM :) And congrats to terse, NickLeon and of course sdimbour! I loved that photo too, always had a thing for abandoned buildings and ruins ;)

View attachment 158708

:inlove:
Thanks rizole !!! So happy you liked that castle pic. I just discovered that ruined castle when I was visiting this little city which is less than 10km from home. This place is full of street art pieces. I took that pic from a window. Didn’t get in as I think it wasn’t safe. So I didn’t need any hard hat JillyG ;)

Congrats NickLeon and terse for your 2nd and 3rd place. Love your pics!!! :)

See you all in few days for the judging of the next bnw challenge.

Back
Top Bottom