B&W RESULT: #182 Black & White Challenge

HMS first. I particularly likes the negative space pics this week so HM's to deepop , lkbside and terse for them and a HM and welcome to the thread shryn, nice waterfall, good detail. HM again for our ICM man of the moment, terse for his agave which just keeps being good to him.

In third this week we have ImageArt with Panosabotage of a train trip I did. I like a nice panosab, whichg this is, but you've got a good long one here with good details and little distortion, as sinnerjohn said, not too much sabotage.

Speaking of whom, 2nd place goes to sinnerjohn with Somewhere in Wiltshire. Just a clear, crisp image, good tonal whatsists and contrasts, a big sky and nice details and textures.

Our winner this week is deepop, Quarantine selfie.

View attachment 159520
As zenjenny points out, lovely rich black and silvery light in this. Human faces are almost always just intrinsically interesting and we don't get as many portraits round here as we could but this one is a corker for me. The framing, composition, lighting, negative space all add impact, mood and feeling to the pic. Very nice work. :thumbs:
Congrats deepop, a very Romanesque (if that's the right word) portrait. Reminds me of those Roman busts and as everyone says, we don't get many portraits self or otherwise.
Thanks for my 2nd rizole, I had to travel a long way for that :lol: and yay to ImageArt and the HM's too.

How did this portrait not make it into the IoM thread??? I blame @deepop for posting it on the last day of the month.
Maybe posting on the last day of the month didn't help, but there are plenty of members who hadn't used any votes despite receiving nominations eh Jen :whistle:

Copy the page URL. Select insert link, paste the link and add some text. Should give you this:

Stonehenge's Gardener

View attachment 159519

If you just want to link to the pic, depending on browser, right click (long press) and open/view image. Copy the URL and then dothe insert link routine again.
I did that, almost, but I tried using the URL as the text also, which messed things up. Next time...

HMS first. I particularly likes the negative space pics this week so HM's to deepop , lkbside and terse for them and a HM and welcome to the thread shryn, nice waterfall, good detail. HM again for our ICM man of the moment, terse for his agave which just keeps being good to him.

In third this week we have ImageArt with Panosabotage of a train trip I did. I like a nice panosab, whichg this is, but you've got a good long one here with good details and little distortion, as sinnerjohn said, not too much sabotage.

Speaking of whom, 2nd place goes to sinnerjohn with Somewhere in Wiltshire. Just a clear, crisp image, good tonal whatsists and contrasts, a big sky and nice details and textures.

View attachment 159520
As zenjenny points out, lovely rich black and silvery light in this. Human faces are almost always just intrinsically interesting and we don't get as many portraits round here as we could but this one is a corker for me. The framing, composition, lighting, negative space all add impact, mood and feeling to the pic. Very nice work. :thumbs:
Thanks for the HM and great picks for 1-2-3, especially deepop's master shot at #1. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

View attachment 159520
Another lovely piece of judging from you Rizole. David’s image is fabulous for all of the reasons you’ve outlined. It would be lovely if we had more black and white portraits/selfies. Well done David. High fives to sinnerjohn John for his second place - your tonal whatsits were outstanding! :lol: And hugs to ImageArt Ann coming in third with her trippy-train panosabo. I’d like to see more of those too. Super job from everyone, thank you all. Now me and mean and moody David are off to the Gallery. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom