IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
This is the place to celebrate and showcase all of your beautiful black and white images. This is a theme-free zone so, as long as it's black and white, just about anything and everything goes!

The Rules are simple:

1) All images must be taken and edited on a mobile device: a mobile phone, tablet, iPod or iPad.

2) All images must be simply black and white and all of those lovely shades of grey. Beware grunge edits which may add colour. If I notice an image that has a hint of colour I'll let you know so that you can change it and repost. Or I can delete it and you can repost; not a problem.

3) Any app(s) can be used in the making of your image, editing is permitted, but this must be done on a mobile device (see 1) above).

4) Please remember to add a title and a description of your image and what apps were used. We love to know how you did it.

Last entries before midnight UK time on Saturday 8th August 2020 . Judging will take place on Sunday 9th August 2020 or soon thereafter.

Please also see the MobiTog Rules and Guidelines for all MobiChallenges posted HERE. Please note specifically Rule 4: Generally, anything goes in terms of processing, within the bounds of common decency and the Specific Rules for the Challenge or Contest, but entrants must document how they achieved the submitted result in their Challenge or Contest post, i.e. name of the device used to take the image and list each app used, in the order it is used.

This week's winner deepop David will be our guest judge for the above period, wedding permitting. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
01C736B9-3C8A-4B1E-B9F4-77A14A3FA4FD.jpeg

Pairs of pelicans
Camera+ 2, Photos

Sunset

View attachment 159570

Darkr, Adobe Fix

nice to see you, Jef - bet you’ve had your hands full over the last six months.
wonderful image to come back with- lovely contrasts in edit and theme .
Btw is it def b&w? - my eyes aren’t the best &it looks a bit (deliciously gorgeously) buttery in places to me.
Never fear, Jilly‘s eyes are like young hawks’ and if there is so much as a micronano suggestion of colour in the edit she will let you know.

Btw is it def b&w? - my eyes aren’t the best &it looks a bit (deliciously gorgeously) buttery in places to me.
Never fear, Jilly‘s eyes are like young hawks’ and if there is so much as a micronano suggestion of colour in the edit she will let you know.

Thanks! Nice to be back. I've been stalking occasionally to check out everyone's work from time to time.

The Darkr app only does B&W and I've done many photos posted on here before with it, so I wouldn't think there could be color. If the young hawks eyes of JillyG say otherwise I'll try to fix it.

Thanks! Nice to be back. I've been stalking occasionally to check out everyone's work from time to time.

The Darkr app only does B&W and I've done many photos posted on here before with it, so I wouldn't think there could be color. If the young hawks eyes of JillyG say otherwise I'll try to fix it.
It's subtle but it's there.
I stuck it in snapseed and hammered the saturation several times. There's reds in there and oddly some green. The banding and pixelation of the colour makes it look like a digital artifact of the processing to me.
Nice pic.
fence sunset-01.jpeg

I’ve put it through Color Picker, which is my go-to app to check for any hint of a colour, and there’s nothing in this one. It’s black and white according to Color Picker :thumbs:

Last edited:
It's subtle but it's there.
I stuck it in snapseed and hammered the saturation several times. There's reds in there and oddly some green. The banding and pixelation of the colour makes it look like a digital artifact of the processing to me.
Nice pic.
View attachment 159572
It’s so subtle Colour Picker can’t see it. :) Edit: I did the same and I see how you’ve got that result, but I think that says something about Snapseed, rather than the image. I’ve been having a lot of trouble with Snapseed just lately and have had to delete it and download again. I hope it’s not on the way out.

Last edited:
It’s so subtle Colour Picker can’t see it. :) Edit: I did the same and I see how you’ve got that result, but I think that says something about Snapseed, rather than the image. I’ve been having a lot of trouble with Snapseed just lately and have had to delete it and download again. I hope it’s not on the way out.
Fair enough, but to check my results I did the same with the saturation in Toolwiz and Pixlr. Same bands and colours as Snapseed so Phew! I'd hate to have to lose Snapseed.

Fair enough, but to check my results I did the same with the saturation in Toolwiz and Pixlr. Same bands and colours as Snapseed so Phew! I'd hate to have to lose Snapseed.
Yes, I put it back through CP and checked the areas where you’ve shown the red lines and it’s slightly different (a difference of 2 points) in those bands, but honestly not worth demanding a repost.

Oh Deer!

612A916E-4C8B-4CB6-9A6A-C89C1D04FDCB.jpeg

Not actually a play on words (by me anyway), but this is the soft toy called Oh Deer by Henry who lives next door and has learning difficulties. They’ve just moved to a different house, but Henry likes to throw things over our wall and must have thrown OD over before they left.
Snapseed and Hipstamatic

Back
Top Bottom