• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

B&W RESULT: #184 Black & White Challenge

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
This is the place to celebrate and showcase all of your beautiful black and white images. This is a theme-free zone so, as long as it's black and white, just about anything and everything goes!

The Rules are simple:

1) All images must be taken and edited on a mobile device: a mobile phone, tablet, iPod or iPad.

2) All images must be simply black and white and all of those lovely shades of grey. Beware grunge edits which may add colour. If I notice an image that has a hint of colour I'll let you know so that you can change it and repost. Or I can delete it and you can repost; not a problem.

3) Any app(s) can be used in the making of your image, editing is permitted, but this must be done on a mobile device (see 1) above).

4) Please remember to add a title and a description of your image and what apps were used. We love to know how you did it.

Last entries before midnight UK time on Saturday 15th August 2020 . Judging will take place on Sunday 16th August 2020 or soon thereafter.

Please also see the MobiTog Rules and Guidelines for all MobiChallenges posted HERE. Please note specifically Rule 4: Generally, anything goes in terms of processing, within the bounds of common decency and the Specific Rules for the Challenge or Contest, but entrants must document how they achieved the submitted result in their Challenge or Contest post, i.e. name of the device used to take the image and list each app used, in the order it is used.

This week's winner younger Juliana will be our guest judge for the above period.

Last edited:

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
952C2BF0-1F67-47B8-8D53-ADFAAB6BE46F.jpeg

Pelicans, moving fast!
Native cam, Photos
(A true snapshot. I barely had time to point my phone in their general direction before they were gone.)

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 159714View attachment 159715
Wells Cathedral 2 versions - the second image has the white frame on it as discussed in the Sean Tucker video, works on a black background better.
Wow, what a structure. Nice angle John. I always like to click on an image and view it that way. It removes all the distractions and, if there’s a frame, shows that up to advantage. :thumbs:

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Wow, what a structure. Nice angle John. I always like to click on an image and view it that way. It removes all the distractions and, if there’s a frame, shows that up to advantage. :thumbs:
I think these are the 'scissor arches' dating from 1338. Quite unlike anything I remember seeing in an English Cathedral.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
I’d love to know what’s going on with the bird on the L.
I think it's just the contrast difference, all the other ones are dark against the reflection of the sky. Lefty is against a dark reflection of the trees so the camera has lit it lighter.

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
02380B91-3766-41B9-946A-2D8C1402D55E.jpeg

Signs in the street
That say where you're going
Are somewhere
Just being their own

(The song is "Eight Miles High." The lyrics aren't going to make sense.)

Lightroom, Photos