B&W RESULT: #185 Black & White Challenge

Hunk from an old tugboat
C60D8470-0396-4D75-A845-474459533EAD.jpeg

This Black and White Challenge is now CLOSED. When terse Ted feels up to it, he’s the judge - no hurry. :thumbs:

Hm... maybe it’s all my studying, but it reminded me of something else :whistle:
Yes, that hadn't passed me by and I try and avoid studying these days :feet: Particularly pronounced when I tried doing mirror images with it for the appstract thread I thought.
It's interesting how shape, proportion and geometry are conserved in physical and biological systems.
:lmao: I’ve just “fallen in” as we used to say. I’ve had the same “problem” with mirror images.

First place is a tie between sdimbour and sdimbour for two contrasting images: "Happy moment," a joyful action shot, and "Clouds Choregraphy," a spectacular panorama. I don't think I need to say much about these wonderful shots, except to nudge you all to notice how very different two b/w images from the same photographer can be.

1c839d09-46a9-43a6-a043-d0cf6d7f980e-jpeg.160142

1124597a-ff7a-4212-b2ec-a6cd589b43cf-jpeg.160141

Second goes to sinnerjohn for "pet cemetery," a simple image that nonetheless started me musing again every time I looked at it. I checked all the dates to see which pets overlapped. I wondered how they decided how tall to make the marker when they started and what they did after Nobby (Bobby?) and Bracken died in 2001. I imagined Beatle as a mop top and Grandpa as a cracker barrel philosopher. I thought about life with 50 years of animal pals. Good job, John, to see this in the first place and then to let it tell its own story.

petcem-jpg.160090

Third goes to RoseCat for "Mom in Mask," a crisp, spare image that reflects family, pandemics, and social distance these days, with a repeating background that really nails down the mood.

db7fc353-ab10-43cf-9342-177ba16e1757-jpeg.160145

Honorable mentions to shryn for Renewed Shrine Entrance, sinnerjohn for Ralph of Shrewsbury, and Starzee for Erie Canal Trail.

Last edited:
First place is a tie between sdimbour and sdimbour for two contrasting images: "Happy moment," a joyful action shot and "Clouds Choregraphy," a spectacular panorama. I don't think I need to say much about these wonderful shots, except to nudge you all to notice how very different two b/w images from the same photographer can be.

Second goes to sinnerjohn for "pet cemetery," a simple image that nonetheless started me musing again every time I looked at it. I checked all the dates to see which pets overlapped. I wondered how they decided how tall to make the marker when they started and what they did after Nobby (Bobby?) and Bracken died in 2001. I imagined Beatle as a mop top and Grandpa as a cracker barrel philosopher. I thought about life with 50 years of animal pals. Good job, John, to see this in the first place and then to let it tell its own story.

petcem-jpg.160090

Third goes to RoseCat for "Mom in Mask," a crisp, spare image that reflects family, pandemics, and social distance these days, with a repeating background that really nails down the mood.

Honorable mentions to shryn for Renewed Shrine Entrance, sinnerjohn for Ralph of Shrewsbury, and Starzee for Erie Canal Trail.
A wonderful piece of judging Ted, thank you. Congratulations to sdimbour Sandra with not one, but TWO images that caught the judge’s eye. :thumbs: And sinnerjohn John, that headstone is wonderful. As Ted says, well found. And it’s lovely to see RoseCat Catherine’s Mum, even if we can‘t see her face. :mask: High fives to the HMs too. Great work everyone. Okay, I can only put one image into the Gallery, and I choose Happy Moment - we can all do with one of those!

First place is a tie between sdimbour and sdimbour for two contrasting images: "Happy moment," a joyful action shot and "Clouds Choregraphy," a spectacular panorama. I don't think I need to say much about these wonderful shots, except to nudge you all to notice how very different two b/w images from the same photographer can be.

petcem-jpg.160090

Congrats sdimbour, a hard act to beat :)
Thanks for my second Ted, interesting find eh. Yay to RoseCat and the HM's too.

Waowww!!! thanks Ted terse :inlove:
Congrats sinnerjohn and RoseCat for your 2nd and 3rd places :)

see you all next week-end!!!

First place is a tie between sdimbour and sdimbour for two contrasting images: "Happy moment," a joyful action shot, and "Clouds Choregraphy," a spectacular panorama. I don't think I need to say much about these wonderful shots, except to nudge you all to notice how very different two b/w images from the same photographer can be.

petcem-jpg.160090

petcem-jpg.160090

Congrats to sdimbour Sandra for the win!! Love both your images. High five to sinnerjohn John... what a find that was! Kudos to the HMs. And wow....thank you for my third, Ted!!! I’m chuffed, for sure. :relaxed:

Back
Top Bottom