B&W RESULT: #186 Black & White Challenge

The Laugh
Hypocam
78ADB359-14C9-4BB0-B4BA-96E96CAC3070.jpeg

Now that's a narrow depth of field, when you get the front half of an ant in focus and not the back half. How do you work with that? Handheld or tripod?
Thanks terse. With ants you definitely have to go handheld as they move a lot and are quite quick. When I shoot, I use an app called Halide and it has a focus peaking feature that displays the edges of things in green. When I get the part of the subject I want in focus, it's highlighted in green and I hit the shutter. The Moment Macro lens over the 2x Camera of my iPhone Xs Max gets in real close and the depth of field is, as you can see, very shallow.

It’s no good me waiting for sdimbour Sandra to post her black and whites here because she’s the judge!!!! So I’ll just declare this challenge CLOSED, and ask her to do just that. Whenever you have a moment Sandra. :thumbs:

Hello everyone,

Not a lot of pics last week but great quality images Made it diificult to choose a winner.
Here are my choices

HM to TomHH terse and Jef

3rd place goes to mcmillan with swirlings reflections. Love the movement of the water and the sharpness of the stones. Well done!!! :thumbs:
D46A2E81-D0D7-4502-9F8F-7AD0E9DBB5C9.jpeg

2nd place goes to sinnerjohn with people standing around. Just love the atmosphere. All those little groups around! Love it!!! :)
4DA682CD-053E-44B5-BE94-66A078E15CEC.jpeg

and the 1st place goes to JillyG with the potery !!! Love all those details and the Light !!! A great atmosphere :inlove: Congratulation Jilly!!!
5DD72569-F6C9-4F6E-9FD9-F3B70EE43EE7.jpeg

See you all next week for the next bnw challenge:)

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Not a lot of pics last week but great quality images Made it diificult to choose a winner.
Here are my choices

3rd place goes to mcmillan with swirlings reflections. Love the movement of the water and the sharpness of the stones. Well done!!! :thumbs:
View attachment 160350

2nd place goes to sinnerjohn with people standing around. Just love the atmosphere. All those little groups around! Love it!!! :)
View attachment 160349

and the 1st place goes to JillyG with the potery !!! Love all those details and the Light !!! A great atmosphere :inlove: Congratulation Jilly!!!
View attachment 160348

Congrats Jilly, lovely light you captured there :thumbs:
Thanks for my 2nd Sandra and yay to mcmillan for 3rd.

Hello everyone,

Here are my choices

View attachment 160350

View attachment 160349

View attachment 160348

Well, I’ll be blowed (that’s not rude is it? o_O )! Thank you very much Sandra for my win. :hearteyes: Congratulations to sinnerjohn John and mcmillan Greg for second and third respectively. Wonderful black and whites from everyone again this week. I’ll now take the dusty old pottery studio down to the Gallery.:D

Hello everyone,

Here are my choices

View attachment 160350

View attachment 160349

View attachment 160348

Oh crap! I just checked in and saw this. Thanks for selecting my photo. And congrats to sinnerjohn and Jilly!!

Back
Top Bottom