B&W RESULT: #189 Black & White Challenge

414A69DB-3EAE-4E72-B657-EBF68D4CA0E0.jpeg

The scene :) Mimizan - Landes - France

IPhone 11 Pro - Lightroom mobile

This particular Black and White Challenge is now CLOSED. As judge this week, it’s TomHH Tom’s job to choose his favourites from this marvellous bunch. Whenever you have a moment Tom. :thumbs:

Puuh, again some damn good shots in this race! And three nominees is certainly not enough, but we have to stick to the rules! :whistle:

So then let's go!

In the pole position

1st) 'Frozen time' by by ImageArt Ann

90cf2743-3726-428e-8c0e-8cada36933ef-jpeg.161113

Truly different and unique as coincidence worked with Ann. The combination of defined parts (tree) and the blurry ones plays well together.

2nd) 'Bike ride' by tomklyn Thomas

44ff3151-eab7-4dac-97cc-520cd5bc44f6-jpeg.161337

Engines started, race is on! :D This one is a very good catch because of the sun lurking around on of the kids body. The silhoute of the boy(?) on the right has this fantastic glow around the body in the lower part - gorgeous.

3rd) 'Raptor's can't read' by terse Ted

4ff23384-7e56-4eb0-9ac5-e4413c02371d-jpeg.161185

Again a shot by fortune - or, Ted, did you wait hours for the bird to show up? :D I like of course the combination of words on the sign and the bird, but also the balance of subject and its surrounding gray. IMHO it's very well balanced stresses the view on the subject.

This selection of shots is only like this because I'm forced to select! :lmao: There's of course more of very good catches in this round and I appreciate it very much that you all share your work with me/us.

Stay safe and healthy you all!

Tom

Puuh, again some damn good shots in this race! And three nominees is certainly not enough, but we have to stick to the rules! :whistle:

So then let's go!

In the pole position

Truly different and unique as coincidence worked with Ann. The combination of defined parts (tree) and the blurry ones plays well together.

Engines started, race is on! :D This one is a very good catch because of the sun lurking around on of the kids body. The silhoute of the boy(?) on the right has this fantastic glow around the body in the lower part - gorgeous.

Again a shot by fortune - or, Ted, did you wait hours for the bird to show up? :D I like of course the combination of words on the sign and the bird, but also the balance of subject and its surrounding gray. IMHO it's very well balanced stresses the view on the subject.

This selection of shots is only like this because I'm forced to select! :lmao: There's of course more of very good catches in this round and I appreciate it very much that you all share your work with me/us.

Tom
Great judging Tom, thank you. Super congratulations to ImageArt Ann - that‘s a wonderful image, with so much movement in it. I too like the blur combined with the sharp trees. Big hugs to tomklyn Thomas and terse Ted for second and third respectively - two wonderful moments in time. Thanks to everyone for entering their marvellous black and whites. I shall now take Ann’s Frozen Time down to the Gallery. :D

So then let's go!

In the pole position

Tom
Thanks i have many more like this was going for some silhouettes at the time with the sun setting

So then let's go!

In the pole position

Tom
Wow, I’m honoured, Tom. Thanks. I so love doing these experimental shots especially when everything around me feels so mundane at the moment.

And what a great silhouette, tomklyn, fab.

What a brilliant bird shot, terse. Did you have a zoom lens on for this?

Back
Top Bottom