B&W RESULT: #199 Black & White Challenge

I can’t believe it’s time to close the Black and White Challenge again! But time it is - this challenge is now CLOSED. NickLeon Nick, as the judge, it’s up to you to choose your favourites. Whenever you have a moment.:thumbs:

Biscuits for breakfast, now there's a thought :thumbs:

Not your kind of biscuits, John. :D The kind you can get with gravy.

Not the bicuits vs biscuits thing again!!!! :fearscream:
It's fine, we have a diagram for this...
20181118_203721-01-jpeg.117172

What is that spire sticking up there? (Whatever it is, it's perfect. Our first glimpse of the sci-fi city after traveling through The Empty Lands.)
That’s Telecom (telecommunications) tower. Canberra’s one of the few city’s in the world, I think Brasilia was the other, that was designed from scratch. Great place if you enjoy the outdoors, walking and museums

I can’t believe it’s time to close the Black and White Challenge again! But time it is - this challenge is now CLOSED. NickLeon Nick, as the judge, it’s up to you to choose your favourites. Whenever you have a moment.:thumbs:
Crikey that came around quickly. I will manage something over the next 48 hours. Life is a little hectic here at the moment.

I’m going start with the obvious; as usual too many good photographs here and almost impossible to make a choice. But a decision has to be made, so I’ll start by ruling out John’s impressive erections to save all the sniggering and some chap’s English country church for obvious reasons.
So the result:
Third goes to chrisD46 Chris’s Stilesboro Biscuits, a lovely piece of Americana featuring a breakfast staple we don’t understand over here in the UK.
Second goes to sinnerjohn John’s To Everything there is a Season, which is a great take on something I have walked past many times in Wells Cathedral without thinking to photograph it from that angle.

So in first place we have TomHH Tom’s Low Tide -
6337A954-CB36-445E-8DE3-2FCC37E71372.jpeg

which sums up the time of year and the current ‘stay at home’ situation so well to me.
Many thanks to all for the great selection of photographs in this challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick, thank you so much for this honour! What you said was exactly what I had in mind approaching this scene. I posted very rarely to nothing the last weeks as I was bound to the house due to lockdown and not in the mood to do so.
And after I (my family and me) found the time to head out and take a deep breath this scene expressed to me the current state of mind. Misty, no sun and bad weather, water gone, no boats, no happy and satisfied people around.

Congrats to all competitors - stay healthy and take care!

I’m going start with the obvious; as usual too many good photographs here and almost impossible to make a choice. But a decision has to be made, so I’ll start by ruling out John’s impressive erections to save all the sniggering and some chap’s English country church for obvious reasons.
So the result:
Third goes to Chris’s Stilesboro Biscuits, a lovely piece of Americana featuring a breakfast staple we don’t understand over here in the UK.
Second goes to John’s To Everything there is a Season which is a great take on something I have walked past many times in Wells Cathedral without thinking to photograph it from that angle.
So in first place we have Tom’s Low Tide, which sums up the time of year and the current ‘stay at home’ situation so well to me.
Congrats Tom, stella image that :thumbs:
Yay for my second Nick, I hope you realised I was shamelessly trying to bribe you with an image of your own stomping ground ;)
Well done Chris, I do love a biscuit myself.

So the result:
Third goes to chrisD46 Chris’s Stilesboro Biscuits, a lovely piece of Americana featuring a breakfast staple we don’t understand over here in the UK.
Second goes to sinnerjohn John’s To Everything there is a Season, which is a great take on something I have walked past many times in Wells Cathedral without thinking to photograph it from that angle.

So in first place we have TomHH Tom’s Low Tide -
View attachment 165359
which sums up the time of year and the current ‘stay at home’ situation so well to me.
Thank you Nick for a lovely piece of judging. Super congratulations to TomHH Tom for that lovely, beautifully composed image - I can almost smell that seashore. Big hugs to sinnerjohn John and chrisD46 Chris for second and third respectively. Great images both. Thank you to everyone who posted and commented - we can’t do this without you. :notworthy: Righty-ho, I’m off to the Gallery with Tom’s Low Tide, which I’m glad about or else I’d get my feet wet.:lol:

Nick, thank you so much for this honour! What you said was exactly what I had in mind approaching this scene. I posted very rarely to nothing the last weeks as I was bound to the house due to lockdown and not in the mood to do so.
And after I (my family and me) found the time to head out and take a deep breath this scene expressed to me the current state of mind. Misty, no sun and bad weather, water gone, no boats, no happy and satisfied people around.

It worked really well.

Thank you Nick for a lovely piece of judging. Super congratulations to TomHH Tom for that lovely, beautifully composed image - I can almost smell that seashore. Big hugs to sinnerjohn John and chrisD46 Chris for second and third respectively. Great images both. Thank you to everyone who posted and commented - we can’t do this without you. :notworthy: Righty-ho, I’m off to the Gallery with Tom’s Low Tide, which I’m glad about or else I’d get my feet wet.:lol:
Thanks for adding the links. I have forgotten how to do that and it was all a bit rushed!

your story adds to the image for me, Tom :notworthy: Congrats on your first, and sinnerjohn and chrisD46 [good to see you] for your second & third:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom