B&W RESULT: #201 Black & White Challenge

This week in 3rd we have sinnerjohn with Fenced in. Moody, dramatic and a liitle threatening, sinnerjohn takes very good pictures :p. In all seriousness this is an atmospheric industrial decay and texture treat that really coveys a feel. Nice work.

In 2nd is sdimbour with another trio of lovelies my fav of which is Capbreton’s pier atmosphere. Again, great atmosphere and beautiful, evening lighting. That sky is delicate and the figure finishes of the peice nicely with motion, intent and a shadow for companionship.

In 1st place this week is Geek1956 with Walking the wall.
74E01D4A-3C78-4A6E-949E-F5E0B7443C14.jpeg

So much here to like. Simple, effective composition, you have the rule of 3, action lines to lead your eye, strong figures to focus on, action about to happen, negative space and a balance of plain and busy surfaces. I think the processing has left artifacts that draw my eye a little too easily but it's a strong peice and makes up for that issue in other ways. Well done.

This week in 3rd we have sinnerjohn with Fenced in. Moody, dramatic and a liitle threatening, sinnerjohn takes very good pictures :p. In all seriousness this is an atmospheric industrial decay and texture treat that really coveys a feel. Nice work.

In 2nd is sdimbour with another trio of lovelies my fav of which is Capbreton’s pier atmosphere. Again, great atmosphere and beautiful, evening lighting. That sky is delicate and the figure finishes of the peice nicely with motion, intent and a shadow for companionship.

View attachment 166052

So much here to like. Simple, effective composition, you have the rule of 3, action lines to lead your eye, strong figures to focus on, action about to happen, negative space and a balance of plain and busy surfaces. I think the processing has left artifacts that draw my eye a little too easily but it's a strong peice and makes up for that issue in other ways. Well done.
Thanks rizole for the 1st place and also the constructive critique. Congratulations to sdimbour and sinnerjohn for there great captures

Congrats Kevin, lovely composition, well deserved win.
If young rizole is referring to the halo around the boy nearest to the camera, then yes this also draws my eye. Was this processing, editing? But whatever, still an outstanding shot.
Well done for the second sdimbour, always great work, yourself and Kevin are the ones to beat these days.
Merci for my 3rd place and the kind words sir.

View attachment 166052

A lovely piece of judging Rizole, thank you. Congratulations to Geek1956 Kevin, you must be getting used to taking a bow in this challenge. :D The image is a great one and I really like the halo :rolleyes:. Well done to sdimbour Sandra and sinnerjohn John for second and third respectively - you both just keep on producing wonderful black and whites. Thank you to every one who posted - keep on keeping on! Okay, me and the kids are off to the Gallery. See you there.

Back
Top Bottom