B&W RESULT: #201 Black & White Challenge

935AD02C-2A7F-4897-A095-CA5B27713941.jpeg

Abstracted
Camera+ 2, Lightroom, iColorama, Photos

Hummer Nest?
I am 5’1’’ tall. My hands are quite small. What else could this be but a hummingbird nest? We see them at our feeder each summer...how cool that they are nesting nearby!!!
BTW, I found this in the front yard today. It’s quite blustery.
Hipsta, Snapseed.
855CAB06-BEF6-4B29-951F-7F0BF5E3B05D.jpeg

Hummer Nest?
I am 5’1’’ tall. My hands are quite small. What else could this be but a hummingbird nest? We see them at our feeder each summer...how cool that they are nesting nearby!!!
BTW, I found this in the front yard today. It’s quite blustery.
Hipsta, Snapseed.
View attachment 165928
What a shame. Someone has spent a lot of time making that nest. I’ve seen a hummingbird’s nest and it is just a bit bigger than a golf tee cup. Amazingly small. I’d be surprised if this was a hummer’s nest, but I could be wrong (usually am ).

What a shame. Someone has spent a lot of time making that nest. I’ve seen a hummingbird’s nest and it is just a bit bigger than a golf tee cup. Amazingly small. I’d be surprised if this was a hummer’s nest, but I could be wrong (usually am ).

I think you're right. Too big and hummers use spider silk and bits of leaves in the construction.
I don’t think it’s from this year. Our birds are just back and flirting. Hummers wouldn’t be back for another month or so, anyway. Mike says he saw some house finches going in and out of the small pine nearest where I found the nest last year. Probably theirs. It’s cute, though.

I am loving these latest egret images.
Thanks. All three are from the same beach walk. There was white foam about 20 or 30 yards wide along the shore and a couple of inches thick, and I thought it'd make an interesting look with the white egrets. But the photos turned out to be a bear to work with. They were noisier than I expected (don't know why), plus the bubbles in the foam looked like even more noise when sharpened. And then almost all the light was in a very narrow range, so my usual sliders weren't fine enough to distinguish one bit from another. (Whine, grumble, whine) But sometimes desperate fumbling brings unexpected results. :D

What a building. I suppose you could walk all the way around it and hardly have a bad shot. Personally, I think I'd give this one the edge over the previous one.
Yes I think I prefer it myself. I've photographed the place so many times I'm getting the idea of how to do it. I sometimes feel like giving tourists some advice when they just stand on the green and do a straight front-on shot as there are several better angles in my opinion.

Sandra’s fisherman brings this Black and White Challenge to a CLOSE. I can’t believe it’s been two weeks since the last one ended (has it?). I now ask rizole Rizole to be the judge. Whenever you have a moment Rizole. :D

Back
Top Bottom