B&W RESULT: #203 Black & White Challenge

Agh, I’m so sorry. I’m late closing the challenge! We had some “excitement” this morning, just before we went out, because someone had posted explicit photographs onto the site, but in a gallery. Juliana very kindly texted me to let me know (one of the benefits of being in a different time zone). Rog had to block the person and delete the gallery. With all that, I forgot to close this. But anyway, enough of all that. This challenge is now CLOSED and it’s up to rizole Rizole to choose his favourites. Whenever you’re ready sir.
I thought Jen had been posting her holiday snaps. ;)

Last edited:
Oh my!!! I posted a gallery this morning but it was fairly mild when I posted it......
The errant images would have been perfect for the Mobi Colour Challenge theme - blue!!!!:lmao:

I’ve always wanted chickens!!! I want lots of images.
Here's the run. The purple thing is the omlet classic eglu coop. It fits upto 3 chicks and is supposed to be good at not harbouring pests and parasites that bother chickens. We have the run that comes with this too but won't need it as we're making a bigger one. It will be probably be useful for when the chickens have a holiday in another part of the garden.
The run will have nice planting around it both things chickens like to eat and things they don't.
There's strawberries in the bed to he left and a pear tree on the right.
IMG_20210501_143149.jpg

I can do it. It would be a shame not to include it this week.
I don't think this happened did it? Hopefully for next week.

Chickens and explicit pictures aside, here are this weeks winning pictures.
HMs to terse for his plants, I particularly liked the infrared treatment. The word might be etherial.
sinnerjohn and sdimbour both brought strong stuff this week. John with some abstracted pretty pics of things making abstrct unexpected shapes and compositions. Sandra witth her fab beach pics - sky for days.

There we're 3 standout pics for me, which makes judging a bit easier.

In 3rd is deepop with March of the deckchairs. Strong contrasts, movement and a simple economy to it. Throw in repetition and the rule of 3 and you've got a really nice pic.

In 2nd is sinnerjohn and his Pothole. Again, there's an economy to the pic, you have 3 elements creating nice abstract shapes in a pleasing arrangement. Strong blacks, good composition, pleasing balance and nice textures.

The winning pic this week is sdimbour's Contis again :inlove:
7D8C5016-5D2D-45A8-B608-3FBF5107F21D.jpeg
There's a lot to like about this. You have a good beech pic, a sense of space and scale and a low sun adding strong shadows and silhouettes. There's also a sense of movement throughout. Many of the people look like they have somewhere to be and are bent as if walking into a wind. With the lens flares and white streaks in the sky it looks like it's raining and the tracks in the sand show the many people that have been this way recently.

HMs to terse for his plants, I particularly liked the infrared treatment. The word might be etherial.
sinnerjohn and sdimbour both brought strong stuff this week. John with some abstracted pretty pics of things making abstrct unexpected shapes and compositions. Sandra witth her fab beach pics - sky for days.

In 3rd is deepop with March of the deckchairs. Strong contrasts, movement and a simple economy to it. Throw in repetition and the rule of 3 and you've got a really nice pic.

In 2nd is sinnerjohn and his Pothole. Again, there's an economy to the pic, you have 3 elements creating nice abstract shapes in a pleasing arrangement. Strong blacks, good composition, pleasing balance and nice textures.

View attachment 167008There's a lot to like about this. You have a good beech pic, a sense of space and scale and a low sun adding strong shadows and silhouettes. There's also a sense of movement throughout. Many of the people look like they have somewhere to be and are bent as if walking into a wind. With the lens flares and white streaks in the sky it looks like it's raining and the tracks in the sand show the many people that have been this way recently.
Great choice, rizole. That's my fav, too. Congratulations to sdimbour for the well-deserved first and applause for sinnerjohn and deepop for 2nd and 3rd. (And thanks for the mention.)

View attachment 167008There's a lot to like about this. You have a good beech pic, a sense of space and scale and a low sun adding strong shadows and silhouettes. There's also a sense of movement throughout. Many of the people look like they have somewhere to be and are bent as if walking into a wind. With the lens flares and white streaks in the sky it looks like it's raining and the tracks in the sand show the many people that have been this way recently.
Congrats sdimbour Queen of b/w :thumbs: Lens flare real or added?
Many thank for the mention rizole :notworthy: and high fives to deepop love those deckchairs

A few people in our neighborhood have chickens, from which we've learned that roosters have no idea what time it is and crow whenever they damn well feel like it, day or night.
True, that!

Here's the run. The purple thing is the omlet classic eglu coop. It fits upto 3 chicks and is supposed to be good at not harbouring pests and parasites that bother chickens. We have the run that comes with this too but won't need it as we're making a bigger one. It will be probably be useful for when the chickens have a holiday in another part of the garden.
The run will have nice planting around it both things chickens like to eat and things they don't.
There's strawberries in the bed to he left and a pear tree on the right.
View attachment 167006
Our first home together was a trailer next to my father in laws house where Mike spent his adolescence. He had gorgeous flock. He was convinced they hooked up with pheasants, but of course that was impossible. Walking among them or just watching I loved the way they moved and listening to their mummering clucks. Those chickens were beautiful, entertaining but, OMG, the eggs. How perky and orange they were. On few occasions since that we were able to hook up with free range chicken people I ate eggs nearly every day. We now live in a village and can get a waver for chickens if our neighbors to sign off. I still would like them...

Congrats sdimbour and sinnerjohn ,great photos from you both. Thanks, Rizole, for the 3rd place.

Last edited:

Thank you rizole Rizole for another wonderful piece of judging. Super congrats to sdimbour Sandra - that image is a stunner for all the reasons Rizole listed. Wonderful. High fives (at a distance obvs) to sinnerjohn John and deepop David for second and third respectively. And thank you to everybody who posted - it wouldn’t be much of a challenge without you. I’m off to the Gallery now, herding all of those people towards it. Luckily they’re all heading in the same direction. :lol: See you there!

Back
Top Bottom