B&W RESULT: #207 Black & White Challenge

Framed doily
Photos, Gloomlogue
61083EC7-6E00-4C96-82DD-13DA3D9FA312.jpeg

FIVE PAGES!!! :lmao: sinnerjohn John gave a call to arms, and we responded. Poor Starzee Star.:lol: Now this particular challenge is CLOSED and it’s up to Star to choose her favourites. Over to you my dear, whenever you have a moment.

To me, this is the most difficult challenge to judge. That said, I’ll get right to it.

1st to rizole Rizole for his creepy Blair Witch like cellar. I would not be standing at the bottom of the stairs, shooting up without an army.
1625999749960.jpeg

His images lately have me strongly considering jumping the iPhone ship.

In 2nd is deepop David with Cabinet. It makes the mundane sublime.
1625999992708.jpeg

In 3rd is JillyG with Poppies. Again with making art with something many people (myself included) would just walk by.
1626000150811.jpeg

I would like to offer an honorable mention to our newest avid poster, WOTANICUS Bill. You are rocking it!!!

Fantastic images, all. Now, I’ll have a nice lay down and cool compress…….

To me, this is the most difficult challenge to judge. That said, I’ll get right to it.

1st to rizole Rizole for his creepy Blair Witch like cellar. I would not be standing at the bottom of the stairs, shooting up without an army.
View attachment 168709

View attachment 168710

In 3rd is JillyG with Poppies. Again with making art with something many people (myself included) would just walk by.
View attachment 168711
I would like to offer an honorable mention to our newest avid poster, WOTANICUS Bill. You are rocking it!!!

Great judging Star, thank you. Congratulations rizole Rizole - another great image from that abandoned building. Well done deepop David with second place for that lovely, almost abstract, black and white. Thank you for my third place. :notworthy: And WOTANICUS Bill gets an Honourable Mention, and rightly so. As Star says, you are rocking those black and whites! Okay, me and that spooky stairwell are off to the Gallery. See you there.

:notworthy: To me, this is the most difficult challenge to judge. That said, I’ll get right to it.

View attachment 168709

View attachment 168710

View attachment 168711

TYVM. :notworthy: Originally posted in the mobicolour, wins the mono. Go figure.
Congrats deepop, JillyG and WOTANICUS.

Congratulations all, some stunning work there! its certainly raising the bar for me, a lot of the shots are easily DSLR standard in composition and rendering. and thanks for the honorable nod too!:blush:

Im just waiting for my new iphone to arrive, as my old battered one has given up, then i will get back in the saddle.

Great choices all round. I do love a good creepy stair. When I visited Prague a few years back, there was a bar with a deep cellar in it and the access was a lot like that. JillyG - love the Poppies, but I also love Poppies Too, for the wonderful abstraction. And Deepops cabinet is atmospheric and noir in tone, you can almost hear the stillness!

Congratulations all, some stunning work there! its certainly raising the bar for me, a lot of the shots are easily DSLR standard in composition and rendering. and thanks for the honorable nod too!:blush:

Im just waiting for my new iphone to arrive, as my old battered one has given up, then i will get back in the saddle.
Hurry up new phone!!!!!

Hurry up new phone!!!!!
wow - tell me about it. I'm sitting on my hands. Even my Hipsta X account went out the window, so my photostreak stopped at 60 days. Still its been quite good for me to learn a bit of restraint and patience. I'm going to start with a clean slate when the new one arrives, especially having seen the competition on here!

wow - tell me about it. I'm sitting on my hands. Even my Hipsta X account went out the window, so my photostreak stopped at 60 days. Still its been quite good for me to learn a bit of restraint and patience. I'm going to start with a clean slate when the new one arrives, especially having seen the competition on here!
Your patience will be rewarded. And you have already shown that your images sparkle.

I admire that you had a 60 day streak on Hipsta X. I’m on my longest yet at 13 days. That reminds me. I better go find something to shoot!

Back
Top Bottom