B&W RESULT: #210 Black & White Challenge

For several years in my childhood we holiday'd every year at Sutton-On-Sea. Skegness, at a couple of miles down the road, was our Shangri-la, I got my first wristwatch there. A digital watch which I think cost £2.00 at the time. #nofilter
View attachment 170279

My parents used to run a car journey game...first to spot the Boston Stump wins 5p.
We did exactly the same only on the train.

First off I'd like to honourably mention sdimbour. Full disclosure, you're probably my favorite photographer ever and can't put a foot wrong as far as I'm concerned. The quality and consistency of your work over the years is quite something. I bow before you :notworthy: sdimbour.

Brody by Starzee is a lovely picture.

And then this weird guy sat down next to me is also up there.

Also happy 3rd birthday Joana and well done at surviving parenthood younger. Quite a notable achievement itself.

I have 4 shortlisted this week so 4 positions.

In 4th is WOTANICUS with 'If Wishes were Fishes'. A good one for the found faces thread I think.

3rd is Geek1956 with Throw back to a night club Bali. Great bit of design.

Our 2nd placer is dscheff with When It’s Just Too Hot To Trot. Just a lot of fun that one.

And our winner this week is sinnerjohn with Beached.
PXL_20210804_121354983.jpg

Not sure what to say about this. Just a quality shot, balanced in weight and composition. Details, details, lines, negative space, feels good. Well done.

First off I'd like to honourably mention sdimbour. Full disclosure, you're probably my favorite photographer ever and can't put a foot wrong as far as I'm concerned. The quality and consistency of your work over the years is quite something. I bow before you :notworthy: sdimbour.

Also happy 3rd birthday Joana and well done at surviving parenthood younger. Quite a notable achievement itself.

In 4th is WOTANICUS with 'If Wishes were Fishes'. A good one for the found faces thread I think.

Our 2nd placer is dscheff with When It’s Just Too Hot To Trot. Just a lot of fun that one.

View attachment 170280
Not sure what to say about this. Just a quality shot, balanced in weight and composition. Details, details, lines, negative space, feels good. Well done.
:D Lovely judging as always, Rizole. But then you have had lots of practice. Congratulations to sinnerjohn John - we’ve all thoroughly enjoyed holidaying with you! Well done to dscheff Jeffrey, Geek1956 Kevin and WOTANICUS Bill for second, third and fourth respectively. Fabulous images every one. High fives to the HM girls, sdimbour Sandra and Starzee Star. And thank you to all that posted and commented - it’s no challenge without you! Righty-ho, I’m going to sail off to the Gallery with John’s “Beached”.

:D Lovely judging as always, Rizole. But then you have had lots of practice. Congratulations to sinnerjohn John - we’ve all thoroughly enjoyed holidaying with you! Well done to dscheff Jeffrey, Geek1956 Kevin and WOTANICUS Bill for second, third and fourth respectively. Fabulous images every one. High fives to the HM girls, sdimbour Sandra and Starzee Star. And thank you to all that posted and commented - it’s no challenge without you! Righty-ho, I’m going to sail off to the Gallery with John’s “Beached”.
Congratulations to all! Lovely work! I’m honored to be included. Thank you Rizole :thumbs:

Thanks Rizole for yet another challenge award. Great choices as ever. Its always a pleasure to rub shoulders with such talented folk and receive critisism and inspiration on the work presented. I don't know what I did before Mobitog!

View attachment 170280
Brilliant John, fab image. And well done to the millions of other winners :lol:

View attachment 170280
I'm honoured rizole, thank you, esp as I thought there were so many quality b/w's AGAIN this week. This one just seemed right in b/w like some do I guess.

My personal true confession is that rizole is one of my Mobi faves, I'm probably one of his harshest critics as well, only because I wish to push you harder matey :thumbs: So doubly honoured.

Congrats WOTANICUS, Geek1956 and dscheff and all the HM's.
Viva la black & white.

John - we’ve all thoroughly enjoyed holidaying with you!
Last week's colour winner was also from my holiday, so summer's been good to me Jilly. I'm off to the land of the Dragon over the B/H so maybe I'll find some more holiday goodies.

For several years in my childhood we holiday'd every year at Sutton-On-Sea. Skegness, at a couple of miles down the road, was our Shangri-la, I got my first wristwatch there. A digital watch which I think cost £2.00 at the time. #nofilter
View attachment 170279

My parents used to run a car journey game...first to spot the Boston Stump wins 5p.
Obviously film, but I would just love to find an app that could replicate those tones just so.

View attachment 170280
Thank you and thank you :) and Joana says *get me out o…* thank you too! :D

View attachment 170280

thanks rizole for the HM and your word I really appreciated :blush:
Congrats sinnerjohn love your image :thumbs:
Well done as well to WOTANICUS Geek1956 and dscheff 4th, 3rd and 2nd places.
And see you all in the next challenge :inlove:

Back
Top Bottom