B&W RESULT: #216 Black & White Challenge

E82F9A6B-A76E-451F-902B-0185B2B9C50C.jpeg

Seabright Beach
Native cam, Photos

I cannot believe that two weeks has gone by since I opened this challenge. I must be getting old (who said “what do you mean “getting”?)!!
:lol:
But two weeks has gone by and this challenge is CLOSED and it’s now rizole Rizole’s task to choose his favourites. You’ve done it loads of times before - you know what to do.:D

HM's this week go to the following...
sinnerjohn and deepop both got 3 pics shortlisted so 10 points each for consitently good work. An extra point for deepop for sneeking in a pic with colour that no one spotted - one of the Centrale Montemartini pics for reference.
NickLeon Gallery style... very nice. Starzee Rain Residual. Geek1956 Watching the world go by. terse Egret watch - other worldly and liminal.

In 3rd place is rvilhena with From above. Dramatic, strong shapes and lines, love how the line of the leading edge of the monument carries on in the line of the shadow almost embedding the structure into the ground.

In second is deepop with Aerial view. It's another otherworldly, liminal space. Again, drama, strong , rugged and with little context giving away where or what we're looking at.

This week's winner is ImageArt with DUCK!
FBA9762A-631D-4F7E-87EE-6EB15D337547.jpeg

The title alone works for me. I didn't spot the duck at first and the title made me look a little closer and that extra detail cinched it for me.
I like the chaos is the image and also the order. They are all facing in on the duck (except that one top right. You clearly didn't train it well enough Ann). Can I get away with calling in a cygnet ring? :rolleyes:

sinnerjohn and deepop both got 3 pics shortlisted so 10 points each for consitently good work. An extra point for deepop for sneeking in a pic with colour that no one spotted - one of the Centrale Montemartini pics for reference.
NickLeon Gallery style... very nice. Starzee Rain Residual. Geek1956 Watching the world go by. terse Egret watch - other worldly and liminal.

In 3rd place is rvilhena with From above. Dramatic, strong shapes and lines, love how the line of the leading edge of the monument carries on in the line of the shadow almost embedding the structure into the ground.

In second is deepop with Aerial view. It's another otherworldly, liminal space. Again, drama, strong , rugged and with little context giving away where or what we're looking at.

View attachment 173304

The title alone works for me. I didn't spot the duck at first and the title made me look a little closer and that extra detail cinched it for me.
I like the chaos is the image and also the order. They are all facing in on the duck (except that one top right. You clearly didn't train it well enough Ann). Can I get away with calling in a cygnet ring? :rolleyes:
Brilliant judging as always, and a pun too.:rolleyes: Thank you. Congratulations to ImageArt Ann - bringing up the rear, so to speak and catching the prize! That is a fabulous image. It wouldn’t be the same without the duck, would it? Well done to deepop David for second (and an HM), and to rvilhena Ricardo for third. And high fives to all the HMs. Fantastic images again from everyone. Okay, me and the bevy (or bank, or whiteness or …) of swans are off to the Gallery - with duck, obviously. See you there.

View attachment 173304

Congrats Ann! Well deserved. Well done David and Ricardo and HMs.

View attachment 173304

Congrats ImageArt Ann!! That is an amazing image. I do hope the duck came out of it okay.
Thanks for my mention and good work everyone else!

View attachment 173304

Great shot, Ann. (Brings back memories of when I was about 4 years old and swan, the same height as me, walked up and gave me a resounding peck on the forehead!j Thanks, Rizole for the second and the HM (and for the punishing wordplay.) Congrats to rvilhena and all the HMs.
In my defense re the tinted picture, it was more of a follow up explanatory photo, not an official B&W Challenge entry. I thought about desaturating it, but when I received no flack from the bosses, I promptly forgot about it.

View attachment 173304

Wow, surprised as there were some great shots this week - thanks rizole ! I actually saw the poor little sod in the middle and managed to get a shot where he was fairly visible. At one point it actually climbed over one of the swans!

Well done to all the others.

Back
Top Bottom