B&W RESULT: #218 Black & White Challenge

The canal
IMG_20211211_150948-01.jpeg

This challenge is now CLOSED. What an amazing group of images! It’s now terse Ted’s job to choose his favourites - when he wakes up, and after he’s had his coffee. :lol: Whenever’s convenient Ted.

First goes to sinnerjohn's "Whatever" where the dog makes the image. But the dynamics here are unusual: Even though the dog is tremendously appealing, every time I focus on it my eyes move automatically to the bored and/or tired accordian player. Wonderful street shot, in any case.

pxl_20211208_152500583-2-jpg.173989

Second goes to Geek1956's "sculpture" for its dramatic perspective. And I hope you all notice that it's sharp from the tips of the in-your-face fingers to the hair on the head. Plus Dutch angle. I think a sculptor would like this shot.

53a5b801-8ae7-4d01-947f-e85b66009243-jpeg.173926

Third goes to rizole's "Obligatory cat" peeking out from its cardboard box. Yes, it's a cat, and we see quite a few here, but this one catches it being so very cat-like. And I love the way everthing except the cat is simple, rectangular, and nicely divided.

img_20211128_124434-01-jpeg.173693

Honorable Mentions to JillyG for "The beach huts" and to NickLeon for "The Lamb of God"

Lifetime Achievement Award to zenjenny for posting 3 b/w photos in a single challenge round.

First goes to sinnerjohn's "Whatever" where the dog makes the image. But the dynamics here are unusual: Even though the dog is tremendously appealing, every time I focus on it my eyes move automatically to the bored and/or tired accordian player. Wonderful street shot, in any case.

Second goes to Geek1956's "sculpture" for its dramatic perspective. And I hope you all notice that it's sharp from the tips of the in-your-face fingers to the hair on the head. Plus Dutch angle. I think a sculptor would like this shot.

Third goes to rizole's "Obligatory cat" peeking out from its cardboard box. Yes, it's a cat, and we see quite a few here, but this one catches it being so very cat-like. And I love the way everthing except the cat is simple, rectangular, and nicely divided.

Honorable Mentions to JillyG for "The beach huts" and to NickLeon for "The Lamb of God"

Lifetime Achievement Award to zenjenny for posting 3 b/w photos in a single challenge round.
Wonderful Ted, thank you. Congratulations John, that’s a great image - so much to look at in it innit. Well done to Geek1956 Kevin and rizole Rizole for second and third respectively. Thank you for my HM and high fives to NickLeon Nick for his. Hugs to zenjenny Jen for her Lifetime Achievement Award - I’m looking forward to her acceptance speech! Marvellous work from everyone as usual. Okay, me, the dog in the glasses and the bored musician are off to the Gallery. Just follow the sound of the music and I’ll see you there.:lol:

Excellent choices there. Congratulations to the winners and thank you for the HM.

That image of sinnerjohn John’s is amazing. Every time I look at it, I find something else to love.

Blimey, I'm honoured Ted, lots of high quality images in the B/W thread as per. The b/w challenge is the last outpost of 'proper photography' on MobiTog ;) No faking here :whistle:
Seriously, I've been a bit grumpy this past week and turning 63 hasn't helped :rolleyes: But its only because I'm passionate about mobile photography innit :lol:
Well done Dutch Kevin and Rizole's cat, I guess you have to be a cat slave to get Ted's remark so yes very cat like. Yay to the HM's too :thumbs:

I did give her a £ for the shot and yes Ted I couldn't believe the dog was real either, but it was, as I woz there!

Please, please support the B/W challenge folks, even if you don't usually post there, I hear its back to the fabled one weeker this time, GO FOR IT

Thanks Ted and I agree that Johns sinnerjohn Capture was a great street shot. Congrats too to rizole for his cleverly composed cat shot

Belated Happy Birthday to you Star. :kissingheart:

Indeed, happy belated Birthday Star, I know there are a few December Birthdays on here. We could do with a Mobi Calendar :)
Thank you. I was trying to fly under the radar. I nearly said something when I realized sinnerjohn John and I shared a day. I’m truly in denial. I just don’t get how I got to be this old. The birthday brings more disbelief than celebration these days.

Thanks, Ted
*happy dance*
I feel like I’m playing with the big kids :inlove: :thumbs::inlove:

And thanks congrats to all the lesser awards - first, second, third and HMs - well done, and lookit my shiny Lifetime Achievement Award For Posting 3 b/w Photos in a Single Challenge Round ! Where’s my selfie stick . . .

Back
Top Bottom