B&W RESULT: #219 Black & White Challenge

Sense. Digital artifacts pulled out by over processing. Mainly but not only, structure.
IMG_20211218_164945-01.jpeg

Well its been a while since I had the pleasure of judging one of these rounds, which just shows how high the standards are these days. Not that I'm saying I'm a pro or anything, but you get what I mean, its an honour.

Winner of #219 is Geek1956 with what I found to be a fascinating shot, partly because its totally alien to my own sporting culture but mostly because its a great shot. Drama, tension and yet there is also a family vibe going on in the background. The cage in front makes it look like were are peeking into a different world captured in that one frame. I realise Hipsta is doing some of the heavy lifting here as far as style, but Kevin knew where to point his phone and its a great 'street' shot even though not traditionally on the street.
1639945753584.png

2nd goes to terse with A break in the clouds
1639945951380.png

Fantastic cloud shot and I'm a sucker for clouds

3rd goes to JillyG who didn't name it but lets call it 'a little jiggery pokery'
1639946146169.png

Another great mood piece, makes me think of winter and witchcraft for some reason.

HM's to ImageArt Ann for her shot of the bauble on the tree, simple and one of the best Fimo shots I've seen using Pan100.
RoseCat's adorable little dog photo, who's heart wouldn't be melted!
rizole's landscapes all, although I particularly like the detail shot.
and finally WOTANICUS with 'Claustropolis' fantastic architecture, well I think that's what it is anyway :)

That's it, keep on posting to The One and Only BW Challenge, you can't hide behind gimmicks here ;)

Well its been a while since I had the pleasure of judging one of these rounds, which just shows how high the standards are these days. Not that I'm saying I'm a pro or anything, but you get what I mean, its an honour.

Winner of #219 is Geek1956 with what I found to be a fascinating shot, partly because its totally alien to my own sporting culture but mostly because its a great shot. Drama, tension and yet there is also a family vibe going on in the background. The cage in front makes it look like were are peeking into a different world captured in that one frame. I realise Hipsta is doing some of the heavy lifting here as far as style, but Kevin knew where to point his phone and its a great 'street' shot even though not traditionally on the street.
View attachment 174324

View attachment 174325

3rd goes to JillyG who didn't name it but lets call it 'a little jiggery pokery'
View attachment 174326
Another great mood piece, makes me think of winter and witchcraft for some reason.

HM's to ImageArt Ann for her shot of the bauble on the tree, simple and one of the best Fimo shots I've seen using Pan100.
and finally WOTANICUS with 'Claustropolis' fantastic architecture, well I think that's what it is anyway :)

That's it, keep on posting to The One and Only BW Challenge, you can't hide behind gimmicks here ;)
It was a great week to be black and white, wasn’t it John, and you’ve done a great job with the judging. Super congratulations to Geek1956 Kevin with that great shot of the cage. Lots of tension and anticipation in that fabulous shot. And another fantastic shot from terse Ted - that sky is just awesome. Thank you for my third place - it’s amazing what you can do with some jiggery if you throw some pokery at it.:lol: Well done to all of the HMs. Righty-ho, me and Kevin’s grandson are off to the Gallery. See you there.

It was a great week to be black and white, wasn’t it John, and you’ve done a great job with the judging. Super congratulations to Geek1956 Kevin with that great shot of the cage. Lots of tension and anticipation in that fabulous shot. And another fantastic shot from terse Ted - that sky is just awesome. Thank you for my third place - it’s amazing what you can do with some jiggery if you throw some pokery at it.:lol: Well done to all of the HMs. Righty-ho, me and Kevin’s grandson are off to the Gallery. See you there.

View attachment 174324

View attachment 174325

View attachment 174326

Thanks John for choosing my “cage” shot and congratulations to Ted terse and Jilly JillyG for runners up

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom