B&W RESULT: #230 Black & White Challenge

I don’t usually go in for pictures of pictures, but……nicely done. (Name is a little creepy)
Interesting point, I'm personally not a fan of pictures of sculptures/statues as you're just documenting someone else's work rather than really creating something new (not saying I never do that either). But I liked this dark dusty relic.

Love the concept of this, but have you pushed the technology to the limit here? Lotta zoom me thinks.
Yeah, lotta zoom equals distortion and digital artefacts. I try and avoid it as a rule but thought the pic outweighed the problems in this case. I did think to try overlaying some style, filter or effect to make the problem look more purposeful but didn't - it's not that good a pic.

Yeah, lotta zoom equals distortion and digital artefacts. I try and avoid it as a rule but thought the pic outweighed the problems in this case. I did think to try overlaying some style, filter or effect to make the problem look more purposeful but didn't - it's not that good a pic.
But its a great concept and one person at least hit the 'love' button (sounds rude). The old adage of, if its too far away move closer don't zoom doesn't work that well with helicopters!

Please Help Yourself.
IMG_20220308_161119-01-01.jpeg

I'm personally not a fan of pictures of sculptures/statues as you're just documenting someone else's work rather than really creating something new (not saying I never do that either). But I liked this dark dusty relic.
I know what you mean about documenting, but yours is not just a photo of a picture -- it's a photo of an interesting situation. It's not about the picture alone but about the context or arrangement you found the picture in.

I know what you mean about documenting, but yours is not just a photo of a picture -- it's a photo of an interesting situation. It's not about the picture alone but about the context or arrangement you found the picture in.
Thank you.

glad you did it - I appreciate the looking

Sorry to be tardy in closing this challenge. It was the last show of the panto and the after show party!! I overslept this morning. Anyway, this challenge is now CLOSED and it’s over to Populuxe Kent to choose his favourites. Whenever you’re ready Kent.:thumbs:

First I want to thank everyone for all the wonderful images to enjoy and consider. I finally chose “Cape Dutch Style House“ by ImageArt.

EDE64145-4F30-4840-8D33-A9D0D7F268D8.jpeg

With the ghostly graininess around the edges, the house feels like it exists and doesn’t exist at the same time. The strong dark door and gate grounds it, and despite the bright daylight, it makes me think Max Schreck could step through that door at any moment. Congratulations.

Last edited:
First I want to thank everyone for all the wonderful images to enjoy and consider. I finally chose “Cape Dutch Style House“ by ImageArt.

View attachment 177975
With the ghostly graininess around the edges, the house feels like it exists and doesn’t exist at the same time. The strong dark door and gate grounds it, and despite the strong daylight, it makes me think Max Schreck could step through that door at any moment. Congratulations.
Thank you Kent. That’s a beautifully composed and edited image from ImageArt Ann. Congratulations Ann :thumbs:. I shall now go off and hang it in the Gallery. See you there.

View attachment 177975
With the ghostly graininess around the edges, the house feels like it exists and doesn’t exist at the same time. The strong dark door and gate grounds it, and despite the strong daylight, it makes me think Max Schreck could step through that door at any moment. Congratulations.
Nice image Anne!

View attachment 177975
Wow, Kent, thank you so much. I always feel very privileged to win this challenge because I do think the images are the strongest of all our challenges.

Back
Top Bottom