B&W RESULT: #231 Black & White Challenge

Well, I thought with only two pages of images, this was going to be a cinch. However, as usual, the BW Challenge produced some fabulous images and I did um and ah for a bit.

First

Ric’s (ric alexander ) image, Where do I go from here, is very piognant and also topical. I mean, geez, did you see his hands?? I have to say I find it quite a hard image to look at. Well done, a great image.

View attachment 178272

Second

Rizole’s (The Great Garbanzo ) image has so much texture and even a bug in there. Loved it.

View attachment 178273

Third

Last but not least is Ted’s (terse ) Wind made visible with the sharp lamp post and the movement of I presume flags/streamers behind. Very thought provoking. I also liked your pigeon pic, Ted. Looks like they are surveying the world and having a good gossip! :lol:

View attachment 178274
Great pick for the win, Ann, and congratulations to Ric for that fine photo. Applause for Riz in second, and thank you for my third. :notworthy:

I thought you was gonna get it tbh.
:D You'll find that happens a lot. One image looks like a winner to you and then the judge picks a different one. It brings home the truth that different people see different things in any image. Plus we're none of us very good judges of the impact of our own images. But that's why it's fun to put our stuff out in public to see what happens. (OK, scary, too, sometimes, but still fun.)

:D You'll find that happens a lot. One image looks like a winner to you and then the judge picks a different one. It brings home the truth that different people see different things in any image. Plus we're none of us very good judges of the impact of our own images. But that's why it's fun to put our stuff out in public to see what happens. (OK, scary, too, sometimes, but still fun.)
Ah, the amount of images I throw in the bin is obscene. partly I think due to not getting the effect in editing that I want. I’m slowly realising that photoshop and affinity photo don’t boss it over all the apps out there for mobile photography. And scary? I can totally agree with that, it scares me rotten showing my work.

Ah, the amount of images I throw in the bin is obscene. partly I think due to not getting the effect in editing that I want. I’m slowly realising that photoshop and affinity photo don’t boss it over all the apps out there for mobile photography. And scary? I can totally agree with that, it scares me rotten showing my work.
My problem (OK, one of them) is that I'll work on an image, save off six or a dozen variations, and then be unable to choose among them. Worse, they can hang around in my Camera Roll for years.

Well, I thought with only two pages of images, this was going to be a cinch. However, as usual, the BW Challenge produced some fabulous images and I did um and ah for a bit.

First

Ric’s (ric alexander ) image, Where do I go from here, is very piognant and also topical. I mean, geez, did you see his hands?? I have to say I find it quite a hard image to look at. Well done, a great image.

View attachment 178272

Second

Rizole’s (The Great Garbanzo ) image has so much texture and even a bug in there. Loved it.

View attachment 178273

Third

Last but not least is Ted’s (terse ) Wind made visible with the sharp lamp post and the movement of I presume flags/streamers behind. Very thought provoking. I also liked your pigeon pic, Ted. Looks like they are surveying the world and having a good gossip! :lol:

View attachment 178274

First

View attachment 178272

Second

View attachment 178273

Third

View attachment 178274
Congratulations Ric, Riz and Ted.

First

View attachment 178272

Second

View attachment 178273

Third

View attachment 178274
Perfect choices! Congrats ric alexander Ted and Rizole

My problem (OK, one of them) is that I'll work on an image, save off six or a dozen variations, and then be unable to choose among them. Worse, they can hang around in my Camera Roll for years.
Bits of those images can live on to be used later for better things ;)

Back
Top Bottom