B&W RESULT: #232 Black & White Challenge

Well here we go. This is the first time I’ve had to judge a comp so bear with me. I’ve purposely taken a while over this as I found 6 images standing out and continually changed my mind. It’s also been a good excercise for me as it’s made me think outside my comfort zone, so here goes

WINNER -
My first choice has gone to sinnerjohn and his ‘ tales from the potting shed. It’s a lot lighter than the photos I’d usually create but the rustic feel caught me. I love old things and this just oozed that for me. I’d be well happy with myself to have taken this. I can only hope more were taken such as close ups etc and that i‘ll see them pop up on the group. Congrats fella!!!!

View attachment 178549

2nd Place
This has to go to terse for gravity art.
I love this. I have no idea what these signify but my mind went straight to thinking they were built in memorial to a ships crew that might have got lost at sea. My imagination is a bit black at times. you caught this at the right time as well imo as the shadows add depth to it. I kept being drawn back to the one in the foreground, I keep seeing a woman facing the top 4 or 5 stones as if trying to keep them balanced. You’ve certainly given me a couple of ideas for when I go to one of the 18 beaches that are close by to me.

View attachment 178551

3rd Place
this goes to The Great Garbanzo for On tour.
it was agony putting this down in third place. Another day it would have won but I have to make my decision before next year. That expression on the guy on the left hand side is totally opposite to the guy on the right. They look as if they would be totally different in their music taste yet they fit together perfectly. I’d love to know what style music they were playing, my first thought was, did the jam and val doonican ever play together? Nicely captured!!!

View attachment 178550
Great pic, sinnerjohn , John. Got the filter just right!

Well done Ted and Rizole also fab pics.

Well here we go. This is the first time I’ve had to judge a comp so bear with me. I’ve purposely taken a while over this as I found 6 images standing out and continually changed my mind. It’s also been a good excercise for me as it’s made me think outside my comfort zone, so here goes

WINNER -
My first choice has gone to sinnerjohn and his ‘ tales from the potting shed. It’s a lot lighter than the photos I’d usually create but the rustic feel caught me. I love old things and this just oozed that for me. I’d be well happy with myself to have taken this. I can only hope more were taken such as close ups etc and that i‘ll see them pop up on the group. Congrats fella!!!!

View attachment 178549

2nd Place
This has to go to terse for gravity art.
I love this. I have no idea what these signify but my mind went straight to thinking they were built in memorial to a ships crew that might have got lost at sea. My imagination is a bit black at times. you caught this at the right time as well imo as the shadows add depth to it. I kept being drawn back to the one in the foreground, I keep seeing a woman facing the top 4 or 5 stones as if trying to keep them balanced. You’ve certainly given me a couple of ideas for when I go to one of the 18 beaches that are close by to me.

View attachment 178551

3rd Place
this goes to The Great Garbanzo for On tour.
it was agony putting this down in third place. Another day it would have won but I have to make my decision before next year. That expression on the guy on the left hand side is totally opposite to the guy on the right. They look as if they would be totally different in their music taste yet they fit together perfectly. I’d love to know what style music they were playing, my first thought was, did the jam and val doonican ever play together? Nicely captured!!!

View attachment 178550
Congrats sinnerjohn John, terse Ted and The Great Garbanzo Rizbanzo!!

Back
Top Bottom