B&W RESULT: #235 Black & White Challenge

Ok plans have gone awry (great word that) so before the adventure farm with the little and not so little ones I'll pick my winners.

If ever there was a contest won as soon as it started it was this one. As soon as David deepop posted his Geometry shot last Sunday I knew it would be the one to beat. Maybe some of you felt the same?

First place this week is deepop with Geometry
View attachment 179447
A fantastic study of light and dark, shadows and angles, lots to see that's missed on first glance as well.

2nd and 3rd much harder to pick this week. I would say there were some technical details that disappointed me this week from some major players here, that are maybe only apparent on a big screen, but I'll say no more.

Second goes to terse with April Fog
View attachment 179448
Similar to the bird shot from the other week, I'm a sucker for these lonely fog wreathed beaches and very jealous of Ted's location :rolleyes:

Third will be Starzee with what I saw as a tractors graveyard.
View attachment 179449
Loved the tones of this (and the original) I think it brings something unusual to the black and white agenda.

HM's to JillyG's Bridge of Sighs, ric alexander's behind bars rizole' Toilet Box and psmoore's Lone Tree.

But truthfully all the images posted this week had something to offer.
Thanks, John. Congrats to Ted and Star. As you said, ”all the images this week had something to offer.”

Ok plans have gone awry (great word that) so before the adventure farm with the little and not so little ones I'll pick my winners.

If ever there was a contest won as soon as it started it was this one. As soon as David deepop posted his Geometry shot last Sunday I knew it would be the one to beat. Maybe some of you felt the same?

View attachment 179447
A fantastic study of light and dark, shadows and angles, lots to see that's missed on first glance as well.

2nd and 3rd much harder to pick this week. I would say there were some technical details that disappointed me this week from some major players here, that are maybe only apparent on a big screen, but I'll say no more.

View attachment 179448
Similar to the bird shot from the other week, I'm a sucker for these lonely fog wreathed beaches and very jealous of Ted's location :rolleyes:

View attachment 179449
Loved the tones of this (and the original) I think it brings something unusual to the black and white agenda.

HM's to JillyG's Bridge of Sighs, ric alexander's behind bars rizole' Toilet Box and psmoore's Lone Tree.

I agree with you, John, that looked like a winner from the start. Congrats to David for the win. Thanks for my second and applause for Star and the HMs as well.

View attachment 179447

View attachment 179448

View attachment 179449

Wow thanks for the 3rd! Congrats to deepop and terse! Off to post to Instagram!

Back
Top Bottom