B&W RESULT: #236 Black & White Challenge

PXL_20220418_143122985.MP~2.jpg

This is what I got for biting the dentist...

I know. Even its less capable iOS brother, plain Pixelmator, has layers. Can't see why they left them out of Pixelmator Photo. We can hope for the future, I guess.
It does? That makes no sense whatsoever. I’ve finally come to the conclusion that affinity photo, although powerful, is not the same as most editing apps. you can’t be quick and dirty with it. I’m currently doing some work with Lightroom and then just snapseed or superimposeX. If I’m found I need more I’m even toying with biting the bullet and paying £48 for a years photoshop and Lightroom combo.

It does? That makes no sense whatsoever.
I think they had the idea that plain Pixelmator was a painting app and needed layers while Pixelmator Photo was a photography app and didn't, but as you say, that makes no sense. They've been upgrading layers in the desktop version, so I'm hoping they'll bring those to Photo. In the meantime, it does a lot of things well, so I'm using it more often these days.

m even toying with biting the bullet and paying £48 for a years photoshop and Lightroom combo.
I’m as subscription averse as the next person, but if it’s something I like and use a lot, and brings at least as much pleasure into my life as [insert any consumable], then I’m going to find it hard to argue with $1/month. Or more, depending. I just agonised over a Spotify subscription, trying to find ways to use an $18 family (six account) when I’m the only person who‘s interested — and my DH told me to get over it and take out the goddam $11 individual sub. Which I’m not tied to for eternity. Funny, the things we get hung up on.

I’m as subscription averse as the next person, but if it’s something I like and use a lot, and brings at least as much pleasure into my life as [insert any consumable], then I’m going to find it hard to argue with $1/month. Or more, depending. I just agonised over a Spotify subscription, trying to find ways to use an $18 family (six account) when I’m the only person who‘s interested — and my DH told me to get over it and take out the goddam $11 individual sub. Which I’m not tied to for eternity. Funny, the things we get hung up on.
Go for it, as an ex Spotify user now Apple Music (there is no real difference) I would never look back. As a music fan with diverse tastes to have virtually any track and any new album right there in your pocket is very liberating.

Well as it happens, photoshop isn’t as good as I thought it might be after looking at the features. quite a few features are missing so they can whistle for their money :whistle:

So good! Did you move around a bit to line up the reflections just so - or did it turn out this good on a random shot?
It was random because I just had the phone in my hand and was taking photos here and there when the landscape changed. There were quite a few taken :lol:

This challenge is now CLOSED. It’s deepop David’s job to choose his favourites - whenever you’re ready.:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom