B&W RESULT: #239 Black & White Challenge

Well after much inner debate I think we have the winners, runners up and HM's all sorted for another week.

In 1st this week is the mind bending Window Pain by our Bill WOTANICUS
View attachment 180542
Which after much head scratching I assume we are looking through broken glass in the centre, which oddly does look like an elephant, to a disused classroom beyond and the outer edges are a reflection. I also get visions of a gypsy caravan and the black hole could also double as a tree trunk, but maybe that's just me.
A truly genius photographic abstract, the best sort imho.

2nd place this week is rizole's Sideboard,

View attachment 180543
Which I actually liked looking at more than your submitted landscapes sir. What an assortment, it maybe says as more about you than a selfie could? The lady in the centre is a beauty and I love the picture on the wall. Shoes on there too, hope they're not new ;)

My final placing this week is ric alexander with The Steelworks
View attachment 180544
A lovely bit of Industrial Grime and I can never get enough of that!

HM's go to WOTANICUS's other city themed abstracts, ric alexander's Bagpiping busker, sdimbour's perfectly marching in-step human and pigeon, JillyG's lovely damsel fly, ImageArt's lone carving on a Reading Church (Cathedral?) and finally terse's b/w version of Capitola Village.......phew lots to see once more this week, well done all, see you all in #240 :thumbs:
Great judging, John!

I gotta say, all those winners were just amazing. A very difficult week to judge. WOTANICUS ‘s broken glass looking into a building took me ages to work out. rizole , geez, loved that sideboard, full of character. And ric alexander , your steelworks just brilliant.

And thanks for the HM, John.

A great winning shot by WOTANICUS and a great image from rizole . It just goes to show how we are all different cos I thought that your ‘walk’ shot was your strongest. Have to agree there was high standard in this one.

Well thank you kindly, The window shot was a bit of a last minute thing and to assuage all the head scratching, here's the original, prior to crop and b/w conversion.

Congrats to Rizole and Ric, I would have voted Sideboard myself, its a beauty. Very strong competition once more, its always exciting and inspiring to see what appears!
F332D90A-742A-41CA-90AD-960CC21364AB.jpeg

Well after much inner debate I think we have the winners, runners up and HM's all sorted for another week.

In 1st this week is the mind bending Window Pain by our Bill WOTANICUS
View attachment 180542
Which after much head scratching I assume we are looking through broken glass in the centre, which oddly does look like an elephant, to a disused classroom beyond and the outer edges are a reflection. I also get visions of a gypsy caravan and the black hole could also double as a tree trunk, but maybe that's just me.
A truly genius photographic abstract, the best sort imho.

2nd place this week is rizole's Sideboard,

View attachment 180543
Which I actually liked looking at more than your submitted landscapes sir. What an assortment, it maybe says as more about you than a selfie could? The lady in the centre is a beauty and I love the picture on the wall. Shoes on there too, hope they're not new ;)

My final placing this week is ric alexander with The Steelworks
View attachment 180544
A lovely bit of Industrial Grime and I can never get enough of that!

HM's go to WOTANICUS's other city themed abstracts, ric alexander's Bagpiping busker, sdimbour's perfectly marching in-step human and pigeon, JillyG's lovely damsel fly, ImageArt's lone carving on a Reading Church (Cathedral?) and finally terse's b/w version of Capitola Village.......phew lots to see once more this week, well done all, see you all in #240 :thumbs:
Thank you John. Congratulations WOTANICUS Bill, that’s a great image which had just about everyone seeing something different. Well spotted.:thumbs: Well done to rizole Rizole and ric alexander Ric for second and third. And high fives to all the HMs. Right, I’m off to the Gallery with Bill’s fabulous image. See you there!

Well thank you kindly, The window shot was a bit of a last minute thing and to assuage all the head scratching, here's the original, prior to crop and b/w conversion.

Congrats to Rizole and Ric, I would have voted Sideboard myself, its a beauty. Very strong competition once more, its always exciting and inspiring to see what appears!
View attachment 180552
I still don’t get it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom