B&W RESULT: #240 Black & White Challenge

Write on - Argentum
ED5B7867-FA32-49C5-8203-78F44D59EA04.jpeg

Result - Well this one was a no-brainer, I've been watching the thread closely and the winners appeared very clearly.

First - We have Populuxe with Tree and Bench
4C34A519-1E67-4D47-B67B-DCDBACAF0317.png

Wistful, ethereal, like a still from a British Ealing Studio movie. Wonderful.

Second - Imageart with Daisychain
ABA4F87E-91C1-4EC0-BEDD-02E07F0FE3B8.png

Much like Rizoles Infinity Table project, you can get lost in the expanding depths of this neat image.

Third - Sinnerjohn with Dirt
4713D9F0-F319-405D-A495-7EFD478E112F.png

I love a bit of grot and urban decay and little microcosms of life clutching on to a foothold fascinate me. I'd like to see the colour version of this too.

HMs to Terse for the Wilder Ranch sequence, Rizoles Fairy and Sinnerjohns Falling Star.

Great Work!

Result - Well this one was a no-brainer, I've been watching the thread closely and the winners appeared very clearly.

View attachment 180811

View attachment 180812
Much like Rizoles Infinity Table project, you can get lost in the expanding depths of this neat image.

View attachment 180813
I love a bit of grot and urban decay and little microcosms of life clutching on to a foothold fascinate me. I'd like to see the colour version of this too.

HMs to Terse for the Wilder Ranch sequence, Rizoles Fairy and Sinnerjohns Falling Star.

Great Work!
Quick work Bill! Thank you. Super congratulations to Populuxe Kent - that is a fabulous image for all the reasons Bill listed. Beautiful. Well done to ImageArt Ann and sinnerjohn John for second and third respectively - three such different, but wonderful images in the top spots. High fives to terse Ted and rizole Rizole and sinnerjohn John in the HMs category. Lovely lovely work from everyone this week, as usual. Okay, I’m off to the Gallery with Kent’s Tree and Bench. See you there!

Wow. Thank you so much. There were so many wonderful photos submitted, I’m genuinely surprised and honored.

I have a little secret about the composition of that photo. If I had turned even one degree to the right, you would have seen a giant ugly Boeing factory where they build 737s about 100 feet away. I had to crop the tree right there to keep the factory out of the photo.

EDIT: Oh, and it’s proof you can get a good photo using the Susie lens in Hipstamatic.

Last edited:

View attachment 180811

View attachment 180812

View attachment 180813

Great Work!
Well done Kent. A dreamy image. Thanks Bill for the second place! Lucky to just pip John with his fab pipe image. Congrats to all the HMs

Congrats, Kent - especially on getting such a good image with Susie. Maybe you should submit your image to Hipsta: they don’t have much to brag about with that lens

Congrats Ann & John and rizole Ted & John :thumbs::):thumbs:

View attachment 180560

Night on the prairie
Color original from 2020: 4 ICM shots (3 motion blur, 1 light trails) with Moment cam (slow shutter mode), stacked in Affinity Photo, with an overlay added in Mextures.
Converted to b/w just now in Photos, levels adjusted in Pixelmator Photo, final tuning back in Photos.
Nominated for IOTM

Back
Top Bottom